No LNStop icon in system tray

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by PeterVO, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterVO

PeterVO Guest

Hello,

I installed the latest version (2.04p2) on my machine running WinXP sp1 and had no working application filtering. So the patch was installed and LookNStop seems to be filtering now but no icon can be found in the system tray thus preventing me from altering the settings.
    What's wrong?

Previously Sygate was my default firewall, disabling it to start prior to the installation of LookNStop.

Kind regards,

PeterVO

2. Ph33r

Ph33r Guest

Hey PeterVO

This is a silly Question; have you re-booted? and can you verify Look 'n' Stop had been Loaded by viewing Windows Task Manager?

3. PeterVO

PeterVO Guest

o_O
    Sorry, but LNS just doesn't work for me using WinXP Pro SP1.
    First there is the problem of the application filtering not working. Why?
    Secondly, the problem of the disappearing icon in the system tray. Why?
    Mysterie all over.

Using Win98 Second Edition all is well, no problems but under XP Prof it doesn't seem to be a stable product just yet.

4. Ph33r

Ph33r Guest

Hey PeterVO

The 1st problem with the Application Filtering not working because the Driver Loading order, usually happens to those who attempts to Install Look ‘n’ Stop on Machine which currently has Software Firewall Installed on-it, or Installed an Alternative Software Firewall with existing Look ‘n’ Stop Personal Firewall already Installed on that Machine… These issues can and does occurs all the time with any Software Firewall under these conditions (Installing Software Firewall Product on a Machine which already has a Software Firewall currently Installed on-it.)…

However the Disappearing Icon from the Systray is New to me, unless you or something attempted to Terminate the Look ‘n’ Stop Process via Task Manager or?

I can ensure you Look ‘n’ Stop works beautifully on WinXP, I’ve been using Look ‘n’ Stop on Windows XP Professional for little over a year now without any issues, and I’m currently using Windows XP Professional Corp with Service Pack 1 Installed and all the SP2 Hotfixes…

Have you have more then 1 Software Firewall Installed on that Machine?
    Have you had another Software Firewall Installed on that Machine?
    Have you tried Uninstalling and Re-Installing Look ‘n’ Stop?

Regards,

5. PeterVO

PeterVO Guest

:D

An apology seems to be necessary.
    The problem with the disappearing icon seems to be an issue related to Sygate Pro PF as mentioned in the Sygate User's Forum.
    So I repeat:

"...under XP Prof it doesn't seem to be a stable product just yet."

must be read

"... under XP Prof it certainly is a stable product."

And thanks to you "Ph33r" for your sound advice.

Kind regards,

PeterVO
    University of Leuven
    Belgium

6. Ph33r

Ph33r Guest

Any Time! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.