no incr. or diff. back-ups possible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JWCompany, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWCompany

JWCompany Registered Member

Hi,

I recently purchased Acronis True Image Home 10.0, and a few days after that I discovered the following: I had created a full back-up before, now I wanted to add the changed files with an incremential or differential back-up (if those are the correct English terms...). However I was not able to proceed past the seletion of the back-up file's name. I had clicked on the file in the left-hand browser but clicking on "proceed" only made the description area on the right-hand side change from an accurate description of the file (file size, description etc.) to "Acronis True Image Shell Extension" and a further click on "proceed" only gave me an error message, that the path of the file was not correct. But this is impossible as I selected the file by clicking on it! (see screenshot)

I then changed to the new Build (4.871). Now when I select the back-up file I get the "Acronis True Image Shell Extension" straight away and the "proceed" button is greyed out so I cannot get past that point. I don't have any problems creating new full back-ups, but as soon as I want to add new files to them I'm stuck. (again, see screenshot)

I sent two e-mails to the Acronis support to ask for help, but in more than two weeks they haven't managed even to acknowledge having recieved my e-mails...

Do you know what I could do? My system's Win2000 SP4, Administrator logged in, the works...

Thanks a lot,
    Johannes Wilke.

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JWCompany,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home before and so we would like to investigate this one with your assistance, if you have time for this of course.

Could you please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also please create a screen shots of all your steps that lead you to this issue. Then submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Aleksandr Isakov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

Could you please also let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. enabler

enabler Registered Member

Hello!

Seems I have a related or the same problem. I think Acronis TIB files aren't properly registerd by Windows... TIB files have the default "file" icon in the Windows Explorer and are described as "Acronis Shell extension" (whatever this mean). So it's not possible to work with TIB files anymore. Thats bad. I can create images but can't restore or accessing it. Like an application that cannnot read its own files. Strange. Look at the pics for a visual explanation. Have done all the recommended things, Full deinstall, reboot, fresh install of the current build 4178, latest service Packs, logged in as Administrator - with no luck.
    My system: Windows 2000 SP4 german
    RAM 1024MB
    2x WD 160GB SATA drives

BTW: Have had TI 8 installed before, but full deinstalled before TI 10
    with TI 8 - no problems.

@JWCompany: Has Acronis send you a solution?

http://axnet.de/img/ti-blind_assistant.png
    http://axnet.de/img/ti-blind_explorer.png
    Wie langs hats gedauert? :eek:

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You can try out your theory by adding TI to the tib extension.

Right click on a tib file and choose Open With, if TI is in the list then just highlight it and tick the always use this program check box. If it isn't then click on browse and navigate until you find TI, and then tick the always open check box.

Another option if TI is in the list, but a little more complicated is to open up an explorer window - my documents for example, then;

Click on Tools\Folder Options, select the Files Type tab. First scroll down the list and see if there is a tib ending lurking, if there is, then it just needs to be re-associated with TI.

To do that highlight the tib entry, click on advanced and see what the entry for open is, click on the edit button and then browse to where TI is, click OK and TI will now open all tib files.

Colin

5. JWCompany

JWCompany Registered Member

Thanks a lot bodgy, registering the file type worked very well.

And disappointingly we never got a proper answer from the Acronis support, by the way.

Johannes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.