no icon in system tray

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Gary Porter, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Porter

Gary Porter Guest

I installed SpywareGuard. The icon in the system tray on the lower right was only there a second or two. The system tray icon vanished leaving SpywareGuard running. Wanting to have a system tray icon, I downloaded again but could not reinstall with SpywareGuard running. I was unable to turn off the SpywareGuard without a system tray icon. To delete SpywareGuard, I ran Norton CleanSweep uninstall, and only uninstalled the automatic update. I am unable to turn off the SpywareGuard without the system tray icon, and can not install again until Spyware is turned off. It appears to be a catch 22. HOW DO I TURN OFF SPYWAREGUARD WITH NO SYSTEM TRAY ICON? o_O

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Have you tried to kill the SpywareGuard processes from the task manager (ctrl alt del) and then running it's normal uninstaller? The processes associated with SpywareGuard are:

When SG is minimized to tray:
    >> Sgmain
    >> Sgbhp

When the SG user interface is open (which I know you can't do right now):
    >> SpywareGuard
    >> Sgbhp

3. Gary Porter

Gary Porter Guest

:)thanks, i was able to uninstall SpywareGuard by using the task manager to shut it off, and the add/remove to remove it. i am still using Spybot-S&D, and SpywareBlaster. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.