no-footprint browser\ ad blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snowman, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Guest

No Footprints" is a fully functional web browser that offers added features for the security minded user. It basically either blocks browser "footprints" or destroys them (user option) upon exit. The browser has a bookmark function, independent to this software, that is automatically encrypted upon exit from the software. It has been developed to leave no "footprints" while browsing the web.  

http://www.webtalkster.com/no_footprints.htm

this is a new version....claims to block pop-ups and ads.        

I noticed there was no mention of cleaning the index.dat file....   Personally this broswer will not meet my needs....no I have not tryed it....however, there are a few options that I now already have that is not offered by this broswer.....for other users it may hold some interest.

snowman

2. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Hey Snowman,

Thanks for the scoop from Code-It Software. Not only the browser, but they have some other interesting software.

I don't know about index.dat, but I know I would still run my Window Washer after a session and I know THAT would take care of it. The idea of the no-footprints browser (and it's not a bad one at that!) is A+ for me.

Thanks!

John

3. snowman

snowman Guest

John

....yes there is some rather interesting software there....never have had the chance to try any as yet...between being ill and keeping up with business there isn't much free time for me ....shortly this will change.....then I'll test a few programs......
            this browser is definitely interesting....would be real nice for those who don't want to use several programs to clean up the left overs.......certainly its not in the same class as windows washer.....

if you try any of the programs at the site please let us know your opinion..

regards
                             snowman

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I took a look at the site yesterday.  I logged out when I found out they also make an "undetectable" keylogger.  No thanks!   :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.