No email notifications

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by skbaltimore, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Despite the fact that I have selected "Instant Email Notifications" in the options list, not only don't I get instant notifications -- I don't get ANY email notifications. I have to come to the site and click on my User CP and check to see which threads or PMs have been active. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

So you're saying the Thread Subscription service isn't notifying you?
    Or are you saying something about PMs?

3. skbaltimore

Both. I never receive any emails for anything. I double checked that my email address is correct, and it is.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The email provider you are using has some aggressive throttling of automated emails, and if too many are sent, (not just to an individual email address, but, to all addresses processed by their servers), they start rejecting our emails altogether. As a result, we no longer even attempt to send new reply and PM notifications to them. You'll have to use an email address that is not processed by that provider if you want notifications.

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

As a suggestion, change the Default Thread Subscription Mode from email notification to something else, then save changes. Then put it back to email notification and save changes.

On the PM settings, read the choices carefully to ensure that you have enabled messages.

Other than that, I'll yield to the mods who will hopefully show up to assist you.

Edit: Oops, I see LWM has replied. Nevermind. ;)

6. skbaltimore

That's interesting. I've never had that problem with any other board. At least it's an explanation. Thanks. (You might want to consider posting that policy in the edit options section.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.