No Clients!!

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by nok, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nok

nok Registered Member

I can't solve this after days on it.

there are no clients or servers in the client list.

even though it show successful installs. When I click on find unregistered computers it finds the same ones over and over again.

Can someone help with this? And the tutorial here is 6 years old!!!! It's not even close in some areas and misleading in others.

2. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

Two possibilities:

Either you haven't specified the remote administration server in the configuration for the clients (under Miscellaneous | Remote Administration). The server address is a plain DNS-name so don't put http:// in front of it like in the update server setup.

The second option is if your server has a firewall (like ESS) that blocks port 2222 (the default port for Remote Administration) or whatever you may have reconfigured it to.

/Preben

3. nok

nok Registered Member

so the port needs to be opened on the router and the SBS2003 firewall? I've never had to do this in the past for this product.

I would also like to try using NOD V 3.0 instead of the smart security. But I see the option to create package for Security products or NOD 2. How do I get 3.0 then for my business licence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.