no changes after restoring image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by deak, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deak

deak Registered Member

I have got a very strange Problem. I was just restoring my imgage of C: but nothing changed. all the bad and good old mistakes (programms) are still there.

There was no allert no message, everything just worked "perfect".

The System:
    Amilo Xi 3650 (Fujitsu Siemens)
    Raid0
    Acronis True Image 11.0 Home (built 8.010)
    Vista Home Premium 32bit

I wrote the image on an external USB Disk. Than restored it using the original bootable True Image CD. After that I moved the image to D: and tried to restore from within windows. No Success.

Thanks for yor answers.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

"I wrote the image on an external USB Disk. Than restored it using the original bootable True Image CD."

Restored to where, the system drive? Once you restored it to a drive, that's all you need to do. The next step is to boot that drive.

There was no need for this part unless I'm misunderstanding its intent:
    "After that I moved the image to D: and tried to restore from within windows."

3. deak

deak Registered Member

Hi,

yes I restored it back to the system drive (C:) --> nothing changed.

Why did I also try to restore it from within windows not unsing the external but the internal data drive (D:)? --> because I red in some forums that sometimes true image has problems with external drives. To be really sure this is not the problem I wrote a new image this time directly to the internal drive (D:) made some changes and restored the system image again to C:

This is what happened. The system was rebooted by true image, than the restore process started. But after approx. 1 min. the process just stoped and windows was started. nothing changed no failure message, nothing.....

any ideas?

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If restoring the sys disk paritton to the sys disk, then the first thing that ATI should do is delete the existing partition so it can create and write to a new one in its place.

If you're booting after the attempted restore and are getting the original partiotn, then ATI isn't running the restore steps at all. Using the Boot CD, have you tried the diff switches at startup?

5. deak

deak Registered Member

hi,

what do you mean by trieing the diff switches at start up.

And what does it mean the ATI is not running?

Cheers

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Check the User guide re start up options or at least try the quiet acpi=off noapic option, which is detailed in Section II of the PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST thread? That's the one that most often makes a diff.

If ATI was attempting to restore your sys partition, it would wipe/delete the partition as the first step. ONce that happens, even if the restore is unsuccessful, the sys partiton is empty. Since that doesn't seem to be happening, it seems ATI isn't getting even that far. I would guess that it's not able to address your hdisk at all.

7. deak

deak Registered Member

Hi,

ok thanks. After typing "quiet acpi=off noapic" in the "Linux kernel command line" i get an error message this time. I says: "E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home hat keine Festplattenlaufwerke gefunden." what mean: "E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home did not find HD drives"

Cencerning the ATI: you are probably right.

8. deak

deak Registered Member

Hi,

I found a thread in the forum, were exactly my problem was discussed, I believe. This is the topic "E000101F4 with Intel ICH9R SATA-RAID at restoring"

I have got a Intel ICH9M-E chipset and two SATA (500GB) disks in Raid 0

@ shieber: There you wrote something about BartPE. Am I wright if using this solution I allways have to use an CD/DVD to restore the system. or do I also have the two option either using the bootable CD or starting the process from the desktop in Windows?

And what is that save mode plug in thing for ATI 11? (The thread is closed I can not ask there). Is it maybe a more comfortable solution.

Thanks for further help

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello deak,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat, describe the issue and we will send you the link for the latest ISO image of Acronis True Image 11 Home which will solve the issue you experience.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.