No beta version?, Why?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sir_carew, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    We know that ESET is making a new version of NOD that will analyze HTTP traffic using IMON.
    Why ESET doesn't publish them as a "public" beta version so the user that are interested can test the new version and report the bugs?
    Thanks.

2. Mele20a

Mele20a Guest

Yes, I'd like to test that as I assume we will be able to use ONLY the HTTP portion of IMON. I've been told several times to do that currently...but I see no way presently to use IMON without using it to scan email and I don't want that. I would like though to have HTTP traffic analyzed....assuming the hyperthreading problem has been corrected. Anyhow, I'd be interested in testing this.

I can't login...site claims wrong password and then refuses to send the password to my email account. :(

3. sir_carew

Hello, I'm posting a image of new IMON with HTTP compatibility. It's in spanish.

Attached Files:

4. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Sir, where did you download that sucker??
    me wants one in english!!

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Yeah, I want that also! Gotta be an English version.

6. sir_carew

Hello,
    I've found that in a spanish page, in a interview of Richard Marko of ESET. I don't have the beta isn't available to the public. In that page, there aren't english screenshots, sorry.

7. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

sir_carew, thanks for the info:cool:

8. sir_carew

Welcome! ;)
    Maybe a ESET moderator can post more information as well screenshots. ***Maybe*** :ninja:

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yes, I would like to see some screen shots and official comment as to when there will be a public beta.

Thanks sir_carew for letting us know that you don't actually have the beta! I have been looking all over for it. I recall getting the beta for version 2 from Eset's home site on Christmas day. It was buried there and intended as a Christmas present for their SK users, but not for the rest of world, however some of us grabbed it so I was looking for this in some odd place also, but guess there is no beta anywhere yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.