No Alarm Sound

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Rainwalker, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I just did a Trojan simulation test and although TDS flagged it, there was no alarm sound. How do i enable the third beep siren like wav to sound when a nasty is found ?
    TIA :)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi RainWalker, :) Though I must admit I have not tried it.
    From the help file:
    For TDS-3 Operators wanting to hear Twinkle Twinkle Little Star when they get port-scanned, they can edit the BEEP files in their TDS directory (beep1.txt, beep2.txt, and beep3.txt).

Beep3 is the almost police-like siren, and it's default text file contains this:
    900, 350
    750, 350
    900, 350
    750, 350
    900, 350
    750, 350
    900, 350
    750, 350
    The first value is the frequency, the second value is the duration (in milliseconds). They MUST be separated by a comma followed by a space. TDS-3 will automatically create the default beep files if they don't exist. You can then modify them at will.

3. Rainwalker

Hey Pilli :) ...... I looked at all that prior to writing, but not sure what to do with it.....that code is where it belongs, but i get no beep when TDS found the test file....i'm presuming TDS should have sounded off o_O
    :) Twinkle twinkle little star......................yeah right

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Rainwalker, I do not use that feature as it would be wasted on me, hopefully Jooske (the speech expert) will dive in here with some advice. :D

Pilli

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there! On my win98 system i never heard it, but on the XP i do hear them, but only for the ports intrusions, never on trojan detections.
    The speech goes with the port scans beep beep beep connection request on trojan port 12345 beep beep beep!

6. Rainwalker

Thanks for responding Jooske......................so i suspect there is also no icon flashing.....this seems odd..to at least me.............would a dialog box show on top if a nasty was detected ?...........been using program for a couple of years and have not picked up anything from the dark side......................can you hear me knocking on wood ;)

7. Rainwalker

Dialog box show on top if a nasty was detected :doubt:

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

High Rainwalker, You only get the console I'm afraid, though if you are into scripting you may be able to do something else. I am sure that TDS4 will be somewhat different.

Pilli :D

9. Rainwalker

OK.....thanks Pilli :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.