no 30 days

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jopa66, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

Just installed the new Ewido v4.0. The first auto-update ran fine as well as the first scheduled scan. I then installed PestPatrol to compare and decided to keep Ewido. PestPatrol was uninstalled and the installation file deleted (so I don't know what version). Now Ewido has reverted to the FREE version. I do plan on buying a license anyway, but how can I reactivate the 30 day trial?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the best way would be to contact support, explain your situation, and ask for 30-day license key.

3. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Hi jopa66

Unfortunately you can't reactivate the 30-day trial once you have lost it (this happened to me), and ewido no longer provide a "trial" license key, so the only way to obtain full features now would be to purchase the full version of ewido.

Regards,
    Suggers

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It has became a common issue of new trial users.

I would suggest that:

(1) Either Ewido staff confirm the 30 days trial problem and make it a known issue sticky (or maybe confirm that it is by design and make it a sticky), OR

(2) Solve the problem by modifying the program code or to provide a 30 days trial key

5. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Normally, it should only revert to free if you uninstall and reinstall ewido again - did you do something like that?

6. Suggers

Suggers Guest

In my case I downloaded trial but it only showed 18 days instead of 30, so I contacted ewido support and was told to do a full uninstall, including deleting the folder in program files, then reinstall to fix this issue, but then it reverted to free when I reinstalled.

Regards,
    Suggers

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Hmm, when did this happen? Some time ago there was a setup which had a bug which resulted in a shortened trial.

8. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Yeah it was a while back, 4th July was when I recieved first ewido email response/ticket number.

Regards,
    Suggers

9. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

Well, the "official" reply to my e-mail sent to support is:

"Dear User, thank you for your request. Sorry, but at the moment it is not possible to reactivate again an used trial version. Maybe in future we will find a solution for this problem."

I guess I really didn't expect much else and others have already expressed this opinion in regards to this problem. I did not do an uninstall/reinstall of Ewido. I do like Ewido and will continue to use it but, I will probably just keep the FREE version.

10. cr1t1cal

cr1t1cal Registered Member

uninstall it a download a program called registry crawler search for the word "ewido" delete all traces found and re install it should reset the 30 days.
    if it was simply a case of installing and uninstalling every thirty days i think most would revert to that instead of paying for it, i mean lets be honest there aint many ppl out there that like buying things if they know how to get em for free :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.