NEWS FLASH! . . . VB100 X 21

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rodzilla, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

NOD32 has just won its 21st Virus Bulletin VB100 Award ... maintaining its long-standing record as the world leader in these prestigious awards!

Once again, NOD32 made a "clean sweep" of 100% of all viruses in all categories!

2. That's a given! :D

I'm estatic I use NOD32, and I'm estatic I have converted some of my friends and co workers to NOD32. !!!

21 wins, 3 misses! WOW! That is a 87.5% winning ratio!

I think that's the best any AV could EVER have!

3. SSP

SSP Guest

I would not expect anything else. NOD32 gets the "clean sweep" more than any other. There is no better anti-virus.

4. SSP

SSP Guest

It is better than that ratio, in actual detection. The facts are hidden inside Virus Bulletin, but you must subscribe to read them.

The first miss was not for NOD32, but for NOD-ICE, a 16bit program tested in a 32bit environment. It should be removed from the record, for fairness.

The second miss was thanks to a false positive detection. NOD32 detected a "clean sweep" but was disqualified. No other anti-virus detected a "clean sweep" in that test. You can read about it on Rodzilla's web site, http://www.nod32.com.au

The third miss was on a little used Unix platform. Every anti-virus missed in that test because none could handle the operating system correctly, but NOD32 detected a "clean sweep".

So, there are two misses that are "clean sweeps" with a disqualification, and one miss that is from a different program.

5. rodzilla

> The first miss was not for NOD32, but for NOD-ICE, a 16bit program tested in a 32bit environment. It should be removed from the record, for fairness.

That's one which I would like to see removed ... it doesn't relate to NOD32 at all.

> The second miss was thanks to a false positive detection. NOD32 detected a "clean sweep" but was disqualified. No other anti-virus detected a "clean sweep" in that test. You can read about it on Rodzilla's web site, http://www.nod32.com.au

:) November 2000 ... one of my long-standing beefs at VB's online presentation of the VB100. I didn't agree with the "one FP and you're disqualified" rule when it was first introduced, and I don't agree with it now ... but we all have to play by the same rules. Several other antivirus programs have been disqualified for the same reason.

> The third miss was on a little used Unix platform. Every anti-virus missed in that test because none could handle the operating system correctly, but NOD32 detected a "clean sweep".

Yep ... no VB100s were awarded that month.

> So, there are two misses that are "clean sweeps" with a disqualification, and one miss that is from a different program.

Obviously you subscribe to VB, so you can see the big picture. There's a lot of info in the printed mag which doesn't appear on the VB website.

6. root

root Registered Member

Yea, but it can't cook the turkey!!!!
    Na na na na na!!! :D

7. rodzilla

> Yea, but it can't cook the turkey!!!!
    > Na na na na na!!! :D

You need GrAVy to cook the turkey! :rolleyes:

8. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Stuff the turkey [lousy pun intended]

Can it open a cold beer on a hot day in Oz Rod

You get it to do that and I will personally send you a slab. :) :) :D :D :cool:

9. rodzilla

> Stuff the turkey [lousy pun intended]

ROFL (Aussie joke!)

> Can it open a cold beer on a hot day in Oz Rod

No ... but I've heard rumors that the Arabic version can move mountains and the Hebrew version can raise men from the dead. :)

10. SSR

SSR Guest

That is very true. I am trying to explain this to some people, but their ears are closed.

11. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Congrats with number 21. :D
    Unlike Straigtshooter i cant convert any of mine co-workers.
    They are NAV people most of them.
    Regards Ole

12. I NEVER said it was easy!

I have one woman, she SHREIKED at me, with the very thought of me even telling her!

Life's tough when you're enlightened.. :D

13. root

root Registered Member

Yes, but its tougher when you're not. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.