News about Neoava Guard HIPS development

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Smokey, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

The future of Neoava Guard HIPS is up to you: Arman Nayyeri, NG HIPS Developer, is waiting on your opinions, comments and suggestions to decide about the future of NG. It is possible to do such via provided link.

Neoava Guard HIPS

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Posted there. Nothing unexpected.

Let,s move ahead. Infact seems current class of security software will die eventually with x64. Not sure what will arise from the grave then.

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Txs for your opinion but regrettably not very informative.
    Can you provide the Wilders community with some more and at the same time well-founded information?

Regards,

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sorry Smokey. Not sure what type of info I can give.

No one should deny the reality. One man free software shows are prone to end at any time especially if they belong to HIPS category. Just think for a while, how many people use a HIPS and then guess the percentage of them using NG. At the same time, the development of NG is freezed and there are many more choices which are under active development and are as good as NG( EQSecure, CFP, OA, TF etc).

Arman can,t continue the development I am sure. He needs his time to earn money rather than developing a software that might take ages to be relatively bug free, and all this will be done wiyhout any material credit. If he has time n money to spare then it would have been a totally different story.

I still like NG and u had seen my detailed bug reports/ feature requests on ur forums. Infact I have made a snapshot of my sytem with NG as well for testing against malware. But I don,t become so much emotional with the products.

NG is still in beta and a bit buggy on XP. Making it vista compatible will be another big issue. Then .... I think we might not be able to use any such HIPS on windows 7( not sure though).

So i don,t feel it justified to put a moral pressure on Arman in any way to continiue the development of NG while it seems evident that he is not in a position to do so. Infact if it was possible, NG would have been out of beta since long. Too much effort, time n resources are needed to develop a good HIPS. Can,t think of it being free and even paid HIPS also don,t seem to produce enough revenue. iT,s not difficult to guess natural outcome for HIPS in this scenario. We (will) see many such software dying in (near) future. Sad but not a surprise for me.

5. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

tell it like it is, not how they want it to be. good stuff Aigle!

Mike

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Txs Aigle, that is the way i know you: informative ;) :thumb:

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Aigle, I agree, you mentioned some valid points, it will be difficult for NG to survive. I hope Arman will sell the code to some trustworthy company or make it open source, which might be a bad idea according to some people. I also hope that Arman can perhaps at least fix some minor bugs, and add some new features in the coming months. If he could do so, I would be very happy, even if the app dies. Because a lot of people don´t realize that it´s a very powerful HIPS, even if it´s lacking some features. It sure makes a nice combo with SSM Pro. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.