Newer versions of iTunes

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by richo, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richo

richo Registered Member

Hi,
    I've been using iTunes 4.9 (Windows version) with my 30G iPod Photo... basically it does what I want...
    I was wondering if the latest version offers any advantages... I'm not particularly interested in QT7, or in downloading movie trailers from the iTunes music store. Also... I'm interested in any comments about potential disadvantages of the newer versions of iTunes.
    Thanks.

2. richo

richo Registered Member

Come on guys... I would really value some opinions here. I'm sure many of you have used various versions of iTunes.
    Thanks.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have the 5G video ipod with no other option but to install the latest version of itunes. Unfortunately I didn't have an ipod when itunes 4.9 was available as I don't use the video/trailers I simply use my ipod for music/podcasts and audiobooks. I would much preferred a version without QT installed. I can't think of any other features I use itunes v6.04 for I really only have it to transfer media to my ipod, if it was me I would stay with the old version until such times your pod will not do something you need it to do. I think I have too many features in itunes I don't need especially QuickTime :(
    Sorry I am not an itunes prof. bod but simplicity to me is much better than media content I don't even look at.

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am still using iTunes 4.8...;) coz I've heared from some users that newer versions don't sound good and are more heavy on the system. I am only using my iTunes for music compilations and cd burning and nothing else, and I don't and not interested in its video capability (in their new version). What's more important to me is the sound quality and ease of use. :D :cool:

Probably... iTunes is the easiest to use and the coolest music program I have ever used. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.