newby qustions part 1

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dwill tds run with my zone alarm pro?

how do i set it up so it only protect my ports runing in background with no hack back just a simple alert that some one is trying to get in :D

that way i can disconect i dont want to battle it with a hacker i might lose lol.

forget that id rather be a coward and just turn off my putter lol.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Remember the little configuration script i ever posted here somewhere?
    Genie told you to configure the Sockets on automated to close the whole lot it finds necessary: in fact it might even open them <grin> but it's always TDS listening on them and which would close the connection immediately.
    I use it together with ZAPro too, no problem.
    You could of course try to set up ZAPro with all ports closed from port 1-65535 but then you have very little traffic with internet, so you have to leave some ports open, but the zapro part you know already i think?
    (i think i saw your name connected to the zapro threads here in the forum)
    Only when it comes to the moment you know how to handle TDS and feel nice and tehre is a sniffer on one of the known trojan ports you might feel happy to try out some of the nice tools for that. Details in the private forum of course :)

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Blaze,

As Jooske too already more or less wrote:
    I would advice you to first make yourself comfortable with TDS. Let your firewall take care about portscans and would-be intruders. As far as I see it, you're not at the point to "play" with hackers etc. (of course, you know me, this is in no way meant offensive; I'm only trying to say: be a little bit cautious!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.