Newbie recover free space question

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by WilkyWonka, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilkyWonka

WilkyWonka Registered Member

Hello

Please could I get some simple instructions on how to re-allocate some space on an Extended Partition to my Basic Hard Disc? I have attached a screen grab from Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 Special Edition of the current set-up, which shows how my main disk drive is split at the moment.

What I want to do eventually is get rid of the Extended Partition and incorporate the space it currently occupies into the C:drive.

As a first attempt, I deleted the DATA partition then tried to merge it with the C:drive, but the 'merge' operation didn't work. After Applying the changes, I got a popup window telling me to restart Windows - however, after a restart PPM showed that no changes had occurred, so I have reversed the deletion operation and my disk is back to the way it was before I started messing around.

I would be very grateful if someone could give me a step-by-step guide to removing the Extended Partition and merging the resulting free space with my C:drive please.

Thanks very much,
    Ian

Attached Files:

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

If you want to get rid of all partitions in the extended group including 2 Linux partitions you have there please do the following:
    1. Right-click the cyan border or Extended partition entry in the list and select Delete
    Confirm and Apply changes.
    2. Right-click your C partition and select Move\Resize
    Enlarge it to cover the unallocated space on the right. Apply changes.

If you wan to get rid of Data partition only (first logical NTFS partition from your screenshot) then:
    1. Delete the DATA partition and Apply changes
    2. Right-click the cyan border and select Move\resize . Shring the left part of the Extended group to get unallocated space next to the C partition . Apply changes
    3. Right-click your C partition and select Move\Resize. Enlarge it to cover the unallocated space on the right. Apply changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.