newbie questions about task manager

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SueMcK, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SueMcK

SueMcK Registered Member

I have finally gotten true image 10.0 to work properly, but I'm confused. What should I be seeing in Task Manager regarding Acronis, if it is loaded properly? example: there is no timounter.exe Also, what should be in my startup and also what services related to True Image? I know it's a lot of questions, but I thought there had been more running when I first installed, and I want to make sure it is working properly for future incremental backups. Thank you.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You should have nothing showing in Startup.

In Task Manager, under processes, you should have these 3 files listed.
    Timounter.exe
    TrueImageMonitor.exe
    schedhlp.exe

If you can successfully create an image, you are probably ok.

3. SueMcK

SueMcK Registered Member

thank you. none of these are in my task manager. they were at one time. what would cause them to not be there? thank you.

4. SueMcK

SueMcK Registered Member

I tried inserting this programs into my NIS 2007 and allowing them, and manually starting them, but when I restarted my computer, the .exe files are not in task manager.

5. GroverH

You might consider un-installing and re-installing TI. You will need your serial numbers. I keep mine on my TI Rescue CD. Try having as many programs not running as possible during the re-install.

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Grover, aren't those three files the ones that appear in the list when you click the Startup Tab of the System Configuration Utility ... I think that's what the OP meant.

I don't have TI installed since I opt to run all my procedures from the Rescue CD.

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You may want to read the following threads why run schedul2.exe, schedhlp.exe and TrueImageMonitor.exe Timountermonitor.exe. You need all four services running to make backups. If you run MSCONFIG schedhlp.exe, TrueImageMonitor.exe, Timountermonitor.exe all should have a check mark next to them. If not put a check mark and restart. The schedul2.exe service should be listed under Services in Computer Management and should be set to automatic. If not start the service and set to automatic. A repair install should correct these issues or a de-install re-install as GroverH suggested.

8. GroverH

My reference meant to be for the SysTray listing in lowerright corner.

Yes, you are correct, all 3 are listed in the reference below:

It is possible she has some startup protection programs which is preventing any changes to her startup file. This protection will have to be disabled before the install program can write the changes to the Run statement. The necessary files could be added manually by editing the Registry as shown below.

startup-1.gif

Yes, SeekForever's suggestion of a repair is quicker than an un-install. I had forgotten that feature since I have never used it. Some of the anti-spyware or Anti-virus programs protect the startup folder. These options will have to be overruled.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  9. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

In Task Manager (started by Crtl-Alt-Del), are you looking under the Processes tab and not the Applications tab? Click the heading for the names to show the running processes alphabetically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.