new website : www.firewallleaktester.fr.st

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gkweb, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

You must not comprehend the concept behind this; this is tests to see whether or not Software Firewall’s “Application Filtering” Layer’s Passes or Fails these Leak-tests and to see whether or not Sandbox like Software Passes or Fails these Leak-tests.

If I was going to use anything with Sandbox like capabilities I would be using SMC and not Tiny… ;)

2. GA

GA Registered Member

Well I guess I don't need to comprehend what is being attempted since I have no problems preventing these exploits.

3. _anvil

_anvil Guest

@GA

I am not very familiar with Tiny4.5. :rolleyes:

Can you please (try to) explain, _how_ it stops all these leaktests? Are there warnings, that the leaktests are doing something unwanted/dangerous? Or does it just preent them from being started? Or something completely different...? :)

4. gkweb

gkweb Guest

You seems not to have understand the purpose of the website, if you are thinking that results are wrong, the way is to send me by mail your results, with all settings and steps, for i am able to do it myself too... and not to say me to learn how to setting it and nothing more.

But as it seems to make surprised more that only me, post your settings here, i will try your advices.

regards,

gkweb.

5. Bob

Bob Registered Member

Has somebody tried Abtrusion Protector (http://www.abtrusion.com/) for leaktests and outbound protection. If I get a positive response I might try it behind my hardware firewall.
    Bob

6. gkweb

gkweb Guest

i will give it a try, and if it's a personal firewall i will test it, thanks for the link ;)

regards,

gkweb.

7. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

Yes, I do a few months ago and it passed the existing leaktests even PC Audit (I did not tried on Thermit and AWFT which did existed)
    A bit tricky to install and you must configure the Free v to have the same settings as the default one with the shareware v.
    See some threads about it on some forums here.

Rgds,

8. gkweb

gkweb Guest

It's like SSM :)

it's not a personal firewall so i will not add it, but as SSM it's a kind of product that is a must to have.

regards,

gkweb.

9. Phant0m

Does anyone here know the difference between Application Filtering that’s provided in many Software Firewalls and Application Control provided in Sandbox like Featured Applications?

How is Application Control provided in Sandbox like Featured Applications relevant to Outbound Leak-tests which tests Application Filtering Layer in Software Firewalls?

Gkweb on your Outbound Leak-test site is it going to include now Sandbox like Featured Applications such as (… SSM, Tiny4.5, Abtrusion Protector)?

10. gkweb

gkweb Guest

absolutly not !

And about tiny 4.5, the only thing tested on the site is his software filtering.

SSM and other will not be covered on the website, i just advise to use it to cover firewall leaks.

don't worry ;)

regards,

gkweb.

11. Phant0m

12. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dwow say hello to the new newb on the block impressive must be low water prodigy

13. gkweb

gkweb Guest

sorry i don't understand that!

(i'm french ;) )

what does it mean ?

14. Phant0m

15. gkweb

gkweb Guest

< removed > (by myself)

i was just wondering me if remove tiny from results chart wouldn't be better because of confusing between sandboxe capabilities and software filtering layer.

regards,

gkweb.

16. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

HI gkweb,

IMO, I think you should remove Tiny from the list or perhaps have a "note" link explaining the limitation of the test. I fully understand that you were wanting to test the firewall components and in that regard Tiny failed but Tiny realizes the limitation of taking a PF only approach and so has integrated their sandbox which (presumeably) would allow their firewall to pass the test.

Dan

17. gkweb

gkweb Guest

i think i will give up...

if you go on other forum (like broadband) you will knwo why.

18. Phant0m

Hey gkweb!

Bro, don’t let people get to you…
    And don’t give up on anything because of what others says or perhaps thinks…

People just don’t fully understand… :mad:

19. Open Source

Open Source Registered Member

Dear gkweb why on gods earth with one of such potential like yourself give up?

I Have been to your website and it is very good.

It is one of the best i have seen of its kind in my humble opinion.

Also the fact that you are not affiliated with any fire wall company makes your web site have more credibility then most all others.

I and i feel many others have been enjoying many of your posts and clean cut and clear information and feed back.

As i am not aloud to talk ill of any one or other Bord's i cant explain openly publicly why you should listen to those people that would have you feel so bad that you would give up.

So i will pm you privately and tell you of my personal experience with such foes and why not to take it so bad.

20. Sisko

Sisko Registered Member

I second OpenSource,

you are doing a great job. Sure nothing is perfect but you are open to suggestions has you told many times.

So don't let people think what you try to do has no sens. It has for sure.

Not only it show a good view of actual firewall but with open discussion here for example, it may improve how to use it. I thing nothing is ok right of the box but discussion we may have about that can make the difference by providing How-To's configure these firewall.

Regards,
    Sisko

21. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi gkweb,

Don't let them get you down. Even if your site isn't perfect, you're doing a great job. But it's hard to please everyone.
    I have learned a lot just from reading this thread and I think I'm not the only one.

Keep it up,

Pieter

22. gkweb

gkweb Guest

Thanks for your support... i really appreciate it.

the site is again up, but i will stay on this forum, instead of make advertise everywhere and to be attacked for unknown reason.
    Anyone can give his opinon, anyone can not agree with me, np, but attack me like that :eek:
    Sorry for this reaction, but it was too much for me!

I hope i'll have always interesting thread at wildersecurity forum ;)

regards,

gkweb.

23. Open Source

Don't worry about that gkweb that type of attacking is not permitted at this bord thx to Paul and the admins and great moderators.

There may be allot of company's here but none can attack you .

This bord is Flame free.

When you do get difference of opinion it's usually in a tasteful manner paul and the guys always root out the best members for this bord.

Consider it a huge coffee filter only the best elements get threw the screening.

There for making the bord the best experience for all.

24. Douglas

Douglas Guest

Hi gkweb :)

I really appreciate having a person of your caliber posting your thoughts and ideas on this board.
    Thanks, and please keep it up. Like has been said, we're learning alot.

Sincerely,
    Douglas

25. Open Source

As well as i.

I notice Look'n'Stop did very well.

I'm guessing it is no coincidence that paul has them here.

Always top notch software here.

I'm enjoying your website more and more each day.

Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.