New Webroot today!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ratchet, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

2. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

I'll give it a try,and see how it goes.

3. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

Well had Webroot Firewall 5.8 for about 40mins, it prevented my Shadow Defender icon and screen icon (when in shadow mode) from appearing so needless to say it is uninstalled. Other than that it was fine. With it gone and back to vista firewall all is fine.

4. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Whats really new in this version.. all other products have had these basic features for years. Is Webroot living under a rock ?

What's New in Version 5.8
    NEW! Automatic Network Detection
    Whether you are using your laptop at home, at the office, or on the go, Webroot Desktop Firewall automatically recognizes your Internet connection and sets the appropriate security settings

NEW! Recognizes Trusted Programs
    Webroot Desktop Firewall reduces the number of false alarms by recognizing many known and trusted software programs and automatically allowing them Internet access. Additional programs can easily be added with a single click.

NEW! Protection for the latest 64-bit Windows Vista™ PCs
    Webroot Desktop Firewall is fully compatible with the advanced 64-bit Windows Vista™ Service Pack 1 operating system. It provides superior protection to the basic security features found in Windows, and will not cause conflicts with those features.

NEW! Enhanced protection against hackers
    Webroot Desktop Firewall is now even more effective at blocking hackers and intrusion attempts. The enhanced firewall technology recognizes and blocks even more types of intrusions and suspicious behavior to keep your system safe and your identity private.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Atleast they are supporting 64 bit. That,s nice. Isn,t it based upon DSA?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  6. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

U mean privatefirewall although i dont know if in webroot DSA is integrated.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes, as I know it,s based upon that unless they changed.

8. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

PrivateFirewall is also updated, although DSA is still the same old buggy version.

9. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Had it running overnight with 2 ubuntu builds seeding in bittorrent. I just checked the memory usage and it's at 451MB in task manager right now, under Vista x64. So... looks like the memory leak is still there. :doubt: Guess I'll be uninstalling this, AGAIN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.