New version notification

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by _Logan, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Logan

_Logan Registered Member

Hello,

I'm a new owner of ESET Smart Security, I was wondering if it's possible to subscribe to some newsletter for notification of new versions? I see a topic was posted here about a new version: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=195310

I'm assuming a sticky is made for each new version? It would be more convenient for me if it was in an email as I won't remember to check the forum all the time.

Also, one more question. Why must updates be downloaded and are not installed automatically via auto-update like the virus definitions? When I used Norton, and other software in the past, it would update everything from LiveUpdate with no need to download a new version.

Thanks.

2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Select Advanced Mode (AM) and go to AM Setup Tree. Select Update and peruse options. Individual modules have been updating, but I haven't seen a version autoupdate (eg 566 => 621) yet.

3. _Logan

_Logan Registered Member

Hmm, alright. It would be nice if program updates were done, ie: 566->621 ... not many people want to/nor have the time to check ESET's website regularly for new version announcements, I don't and I'm just a personal user. What about business customers?

4. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.