New version : 4.2.22.0

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by dorgane, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Just a thought, but I see Spybot Search & Destroy in your sig. Are you running the TeaTimer? Maybe there is a conflict. I see a few people complaining about high CPU but I have never had the problem. I would have to guess a conflict with another application. I never run multiple real time scanners. Just a thought that may be worth trying if you have the time. Or the dump would be helpful, they seem to be good about fixing such things. I'd offer to do it, but since I'm not having the problem I can't help them fix it.

2. Handries

Handries Registered Member

No, I'm not running the TeaTimer, just using S&D for a weekly scan, and I did notice that this anti spy-ware utility sometimes finds malware that's overlooked by other programs. Since this is not an anti-virus or firewall program, I understand that it's OK to use it with ESS.

3. Stjepanzg

Stjepanzg Registered Member

Hi! I am new on this forum and I have few questions. I am using ESS for a long time. Will be in new version of ESS stronger firewall? Now is very bad for my opinion. When will ESS make automatic upgrade on new version? And why ESS does not have HIPS in their protection and when will they put this in their protection. Today almost every antivirus protection have HIPS (Kaspersky, Comodo etc.).

4. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

The security suite I've been using since the summer had been giving me issues I couldn't work around.
    So I'm a beta tester again, and this v4.2 has generally improved the speed of things on my pc the last 24 hours. There's that plus I'm more familiar with the settings in Eset's software.
    I didn't notice a way to really "max out" or make a manual scan like Blackspear would, but I'm not sure if that's necessary with this version. It also could just not be completed right now. I do the custom install and set things up tightly to start out with.

5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

not using it yet, but I am glad the http scanning has had work put into it. So will likely try this version out soon, also interesting that the document scanner is now off by default as I did wonder of the point in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.