New version 3.0.621 available

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marcos, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marv Gordon

Marv Gordon Registered Member

20 Windows Enterprise 2003 R2 SP2 servers statewide, 8 utilizing DFS, 1 SQL 2000. No problems since initial install...

2. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

Mary Gordon,

This is most interesting. What version of EAV are you using? Am I right in assuming 3.0.621 as per the thread title?

Another person posted here saying that he was seeing no issues on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server installation running 3.x, but that his other server(s) were affected.

Everyone I know who is using 3.x on standard server installations is seeing the problem when browsing network shares. There are even a couple of people now who have reported seeing Event ID 6004 on systems which are running this latest version of EAV.

Because of the tiny sample size available to us it's hard to know whether Advanced / Enterprise server versions are exempt from the problem, or whether this is just a fluke in the population sample. Doesn't seem to be hardware-related because the Advanced server installation that was having no problems was a dual P3 server!

3. angus49

angus49 Registered Member

As I run FD-ISR imaging software and have several images, I made certain I had a fresh image then decided to throw caution to the wind and install v3.0*** or v2.7***. During install I didn't get the installer detecting and removing a previous version as mentioned in the quote. It ran as any other normal upgrade. I must say I love the new UI. Everything is running fine.

I'm running XP SP2 along with OnlineArmor w/firewall, CounterSpy, and SuperAntiSpyware. I have no problems with conflicts or one program canceling out the efficiency of the others. I am finding V3 to be using about 36,000K of memory from both of it's processes. About the same as v2.7 was running. All in all I really like this upgrade so far.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Ain't that FD-ISR great? :D

5. angus49

angus49 Registered Member

You bet. It's saved my bacon sooo many times. Even if you had an HDD failure; if you have an image archived on another disk. You're back in business. To bad they quite producing it. I would never do any upgrade or new software without an up-to-date image to fall back on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.