New version 2.04p2

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Frederic, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi All,

This is the announcement for the 2.04p2 version.

Here is the link for download:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/LooknStop_Setup_204p2.exe

This version is a minor update for bug fixes only and smooth enhancements.

Here are the history details:

Added:
    • new criteria "Equal Or" and "Different And" for the address IP selection in the internet filtering rule edition.
    • new attribute in the Internet Filtering in order to select on a rule basis if a sound is played or not
    • it is now possible to sort the log items by clicking the column headers
    Changes:
    • Modification in the way Look 'n' Stop handles the "Windows Ending Session" event (in order to improve/fix the slowness issue when Windows is being closed).
    Fixes:
    • under Windows 2000/XP, with some Ethernet cards the Internet filtering was not working for the downlink.
    • when the maximum number of application is reached, the alert dialog box is now correctly displayed.
    • crash in the lnsfw1 driver if the PC contains a lot of logical drives (>16)
    • GDI (Graphic Display Interface) memory leak when displaying the application icons in the Application Filtering page
    • in very rare circumstances, application could crash when resolving an IP name
    • correct display of the attribute icons in Internet and Application filtering page when the password is enabled or when the Windows system colors are changed
    As usually, no need to uninstall your current release to upgrade.
    If you have to come back to a previous release (I hope you will not have to :) ), you need to first remove the driver files (lnsfw.sys/vxd, lnsfw1.sys/vxd) before running the old setup exe.

Don't hesitate to report any issue you may encounter.

Regards,

Frederic.

2. manuangi

manuangi Registered Member

update over a non-eng ver?

what if I want to try it over my ITA 2.04 ver?
    will it update with no troubles as well?

or I'd better wait for the new ITA update to come?

thanx!

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Is 2.04p2 a beta version? If not, why is it not the version linked to on the looknstop.com site (i.e. http://www.looknstop.com/En/LooknStop_Setup_204.exe)?

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Re:update over a non-eng ver?

Hi,

The Italian release is here:
    http://www.looknstop.com/It/Installazione_LooknStop_204p2.exe

Regards,

Frederic

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

It is not a beta version but an update/patch version (minor modifications, bug fixes essentially).
    However, we put the version only here in a first step, in case of problem.
    Since it seems the version is Ok, the site will now be updated soon.

Frederic.

6. Ph33r

Ph33r Guest

It appears to me PowerDesk (PDEXPLO.EXE) is being used rather then Windows Shell (Explorer.exe) to Launch these Clients “It completely replaces Windows® Explorer” therefore PDEXPLO.EXE is seen as “Running” these Clients and blocking the “Run” Type prevents any Clients Launched by this program to access the Internet Resources…

Example; before using Shell Replacement have you every tried to BLOCK Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) from Launching rights? See the results when attempting to launch a Client? ;)

7. Ph33r

Ph33r Guest

Then i guess the Informatics giving by the Official website was wrong because thats where i quoted that from...

http://www.v-com.com/product/pd_ind.html

8. Ph33r

Ph33r Guest

Well if you in reference too .bat file Launching the Executables then CMD.EXE (Windows Command Processor) would be seen as Launching the Client and if CMD isn’t being BLOCKED it shouldn’t give you too much problems…

9. Ph33r

Ph33r Guest

Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 and SP2 hotfixes
    Look ‘n’ Stop v2.04p2 with recent Drivers.

Downloaded and then Installed PowerDesk v5.0.1.2.
    Been fiddling around with it and so far I don’t see it attempting to make any Connections attempts. However I do get Application Filtering Alerts stating PDEXPLOR.EXE has started the following application which connects to Internet. And denying this prevents the Client Application from accessing the Internet resources.

And starting a client from a batch file I get Application Filtering Alert stating Windows Command Process has started the following application which connects to Internet. Denying this prevents the Client Applications from connecting to the internet resources.

I can reproduce that too when selecting “Just this time” for Application Filtering Alert and clicking Authorize or Block buttons.

And the TCP SPI Feature needs work anyways…

10. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi Frédéric,

is the version 2.04p2 available in all languages already? Could you please post the link where I can download the German version of it? I think a link to every language would be nice! ;)

Best regards,

Patrice

11. Klaus

Klaus Guest

12. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Thanks Klaus!

Like testing LnS in this language. :cool:

Regards,

Patrice

13. museheart

museheart Registered Member

Well, duh! I have never heard of Look and Stop. It is a Firewall?

14. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Indeed! Museheart Look ‘n’ Stop is a Personal Firewall… :D

15. david girvin

david girvin Guest

is Look and Stop superior to Zone Alarm? why?

16. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

For outgoing leaktests it appeas that both Look 'n' Stop and Outpost Pro 2 are more secure than ZAPro 4

http://tinyurl.com/m28z

http://www.pcflank.com/art41c.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.