new user wanting answers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KenG, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenG

KenG Guest

I downloaded a trial version of Tue Image 8.0 and created a image of my primary hard drive to a second interanl hard drive. I went to view the backup called backup. I could not open it and view files, so I created a archive partition and it is viewable. Now my question: wil all subsuquent icremental backups be put in both place? I hope I have explained this well enough to get a response. Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KenG,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the only way to view\browse the content of the image archive is to mount this image as a virtual drive using Explore Image tool as it is described in chapter 6 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

Please also note that you should store the initial full image along with all it's subsequent incrementals in one separate folder, since all of them are the parts (volumes) of the entire multivolume image archive.

In this case Acronis True Image 8.0 will recognize all the files as one image both when you will be restoring your image and when you will explore this image using Explore Image tool.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.