New User-Need ID Blaster Help

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by joejo, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joejo

joejo Guest

When I run ID Blaster it puts a "Windows Media Player: Client ID" in Spybot and "2 Registry Values" in Ad-aware. I can have Spybot and Ad-aware fix them and as soon as I run ID Blaster they are back again in Spybot and Ad-aware. Am I doing something wrong or is there a work around for this so I don't have to keep deleting them?

I have Windows ME with Windows Media Player Version 7. In IDB Current Product ID Window it shows values for: Internet Explorer ID, Windows Product ID, and WMP 7/8 Product ID. Now in the Main ID Blaster Window I have a check mark in: WMP7+WMP8 Unique ID, Windows ID, Internet ID, Internet Explorer, WMP6 Unique ID, and Windows Media Player ID. Do I need WMP6 Unique ID checked if I have WMP 7 on my system?

Also am I to understand that I should have "Allow web sites to uniquely identify my player" Enabled.

Thanks for any help.

2. joejo

joejo Guest

Come on guys-am I the only one with this Windows Media Player problem?

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Those two programs are identifying the Windows Media Player unique id value and flagging it - rightly so. On a normal system, that value wouldn't be changing and could easily uniquely identify you.

With ID-Blaster running, however, that value will constantly be changing and anyone trying to use it for tracking purposes won't have any luck. :D

By default, WMP will not use the unique id in the registry (which ID-Blaster randomizes) unless you check the above option. Instead, it will use its own pseudo-random value, which may not completely foil tracking attempts as parts of the value may stay the same.

I hope this helps,

-Javacool

4. joejo

joejo Guest

I have Windows Media Player 7 so I can uncheck WMP6 Unique ID right?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Hi,

Can you tell me where this option is in WMP 9? The ID seems to be randomising ok but I can't find the option you talk about in WMP itself.

Thanks - sorry if I'm being thick... :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.