New User License Questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nrms, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrms

nrms Registered Member

Just bought a 2yr 3 computer licenses package of NOD32. I got sent a User Name & password which I entered in PC1 to replace the ones I got with the trial version.

Do I do the same in PC2 & PC3 (I was expecting to receive three different codes for the different PC's)? And what about the license.lic text file that is mentioned in the manual - supposedly I should have received this along with the User Name & Password, but I didn't receive these lic files with the purchase confirmation email.

No expiry date is showing on PC1. I understand this takes up to 48 hours to appear. Will the 2yrs be ADDED to my unused trial period (about 3.5 weeks)?

Alos on a separate issue: Is there anyway to alter the template which stamps all my incoming & outgoing mail?

Thanks
    NigelS

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you have installed the trial version , you can enter your unique username/password for NOD32(EAV) in the update setup . This will transfer the trial into paid/licensed version.

If you haven't installed any trial version of EAV , simply download the latest version from the www.eset.com/download (Home edition)

No . You have 1 username (EAV-xxxxxxxx) valid to be used on 3 computers (for 2 years , as you say) . ESET servers can make difference on how many computers this one will be used

.lic file is used only by business customers . It is used to license and manage ESET Remote Administrator Server/Console as well as the mirror - things only in the Business edition

No. Your 2-year-license has become active from the day you purchased it .

Yes . Open the user interface and press F5 to open the advanced setup tree . Navigate to the email settings and set them as you like them :thumb:

Attached Files:

3. nrms

nrms Registered Member

Thanks for your responses.

Regarding the last question. I am aware of the ability you highlight, but what I actually want to do is change the descriptive text of the tag that is added to all my out-going mail.

At the moment most (not all despite the setting of "Tag All Incoming Mail") is being tagged with:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3207 (20080622) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

What I am asking is whether this actual message text can be altered.

Thanks
    NigelS

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , the text cannot be altered . It is either what you see or there is nothing added

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.