New User License Questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nrms, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrms

nrms Registered Member

Just bought a 2yr 3 computer licenses package of NOD32. I got sent a User Name & password which I entered in PC1 to replace the ones I got with the trial version.

Do I do the same in PC2 & PC3 (I was expecting to receive three different codes for the different PC's)? And what about the license.lic text file that is mentioned in the manual - supposedly I should have received this along with the User Name & Password, but I didn't receive these lic files with the purchase confirmation email.

No expiry date is showing on PC1. I understand this takes up to 48 hours to appear. Will the 2yrs be ADDED to my unused trial period (about 3.5 weeks)?

Alos on a separate issue: Is there anyway to alter the template which stamps all my incoming & outgoing mail?

Thanks
    NigelS

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you have installed the trial version , you can enter your unique username/password for NOD32(EAV) in the update setup . This will transfer the trial into paid/licensed version.

If you haven't installed any trial version of EAV , simply download the latest version from the www.eset.com/download (Home edition)

No . You have 1 username (EAV-xxxxxxxx) valid to be used on 3 computers (for 2 years , as you say) . ESET servers can make difference on how many computers this one will be used

.lic file is used only by business customers . It is used to license and manage ESET Remote Administrator Server/Console as well as the mirror - things only in the Business edition

No. Your 2-year-license has become active from the day you purchased it .

Yes . Open the user interface and press F5 to open the advanced setup tree . Navigate to the email settings and set them as you like them :thumb:

Attached Files:

3. nrms

nrms Registered Member

Thanks for your responses.

Regarding the last question. I am aware of the ability you highlight, but what I actually want to do is change the descriptive text of the tag that is added to all my out-going mail.

At the moment most (not all despite the setting of "Tag All Incoming Mail") is being tagged with:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3207 (20080622) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

What I am asking is whether this actual message text can be altered.

Thanks
    NigelS

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , the text cannot be altered . It is either what you see or there is nothing added

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.