New to V.3 - Set up question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Logan5, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Hi,

Just installed version 3 and used Blackspear's settings.

As I was going through the setup, specifically page 4, second example (ON-DEMAND COMPUTER SCAN) I noticed that I did not have all the check boxes as shown in the example. All I have is the threatsense engine and scan targets setup button's. Has this section changed in NOD version 3 since Blackspear did all his screen shots?

Also on his last page and last post "switches" where do you put in his "C:\ /adv-heur /adware /arch /auto /boots /files /mail /no-log-all /pattern /quarantine /rtp /sfx /subdir /unsafe /unwanted" line at? Just not sure where to cut and paste that line into.

So far version 3 is running very nice on my Dell XP Home laptop. If all goes nice will put it on the wifes HP Vista laptop as well (it is still running version 2.7).

Thanks

Logan

2. L1v1n2Learn

L1v1n2Learn Registered Member

3. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

L1v1n2Learn,

Thanks for the reply but your reply is showing the problem I am talking about. I do not have the 5 check boxes on that screen (4 of which are checked), just the 2 set up tabs. I am curious why I am seeing something different and if I did something wrong since what I am seeing is different the Blackspear's screen shot.

Thanks again,

Logan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

The layout has changed since Blackspear published his tutorial. If you click on 'Threatsense engine parameter setup' and then click 'Other' you'll see the fields displayed in Blackspear's info. Your screen shot looks correct.

5. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Hey thanks for the reply :), I was hoping it was something like that.

Any idea on the switches?

Logan

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.