New to Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by fabio7371, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabio7371

fabio7371 Registered Member

I have many customers that I have recomended ESET NOD32 because how well it works and how light it is on the system, but what does everyone think about the security version. Norton at McAfee were at one point good systems until they became so heavy that they are inefective. Is the same going to happen to NOD32? I have not tried the new security version in fear that on laptops it will cause a performance hit.

I would welcome your opinion.

Fabio

2. DanL

DanL Registered Member

I installed Eset SS on 2 laptops last week. Problem free so far with no
    drain on performance.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ fabio7371

ESS is so different from Norton/McAfee suits that it can't even be compared with them. It is light , fast , it has no resourse-hog feautures , only the most important things. Updates are so small . You simply need to try it yourself , don't worry . If you have problems , you can uninstall it.

4. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Or just come here to ask. There are many good people around here who are willing to help out

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

is 30day trials availiable, so test for yourself for a whole month before purchasing:rolleyes:

6. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello,

ESET adds new features slowly, but with higher quality. Important things are system resources and complete performance.

Regards

7. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

Have been using ESS since Beta, over a year, on two computers. One XP, one Vista. No problems. In addition to features mentioned in HiTech_Boy's post very little setup is required. My systems work well with only one or two deviations from default setting.

One of the deviations is to set the Firewall to Interactive rather than Automatic mode. That will control outgoing as well as incoming communications. The feature is not intrusive because ESS remembers well.

8. clyde123

clyde123 Registered Member

Hi Fabio7371, have installed ESS on a number of laptops, and many more PCs.
    Before that we used Norton : I will never go back to Norton.
    There are some issues with file share servers, but if you're using ESS on one computer only (the Home Edition version) you should have no problems at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.