New to NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jamesfedwards, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesfedwards

jamesfedwards Registered Member

Hello. I've been having major problems with the antivurius in Zone Alarm Internet Security 7.0, so I researched different options and came across NOD32. The genereal consensus seems to be that it is the best, but somewhat difficult for novices to use. I really would just like to install, run, and forget about my AV program. Do you think that NOD32 is good for an average home computer user? Thanks.

2. chmiller

chmiller Registered Member

I would have to answer in general terms, since I wouldn't know if there is anything unusual about your system that would require anything unusual. If you want the most trouble-free install and set-and-forget use I'd say there's two keys. 1) make sure what you're using now uninstalls completely and 2) take the time to follow the steps and settings in the "extra settings for nod 32" sticky thread at the top of this forum. He has those steps spelled out as clearly as possible for someone to follow. Given these things, I don't know of anything else that's a better fit for the "set-and-forget" category. If questions do come up, these forums will be a great resource for you.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is more than good program ! You can install it and use with the default settings , or use with Blackspear settings (both the manual or the "In no time") which you can find as Sticky posts on NOD32's forum .

4. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Right on the money! I am no expert when it comes to computers. I am using NOD32 with Blakspear settings and it really is install and run.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

6. jamesfedwards

jamesfedwards Registered Member

Wow - thanks Blackspear! You're tutorial for setting up Nod32 was fantastic! I am loving this program and forum, and the step by step tutorial really gives me a peace of mind that I have the correct settings. Looks like this program is a keeper to replace the problem plagued Zone Alarm suite.

To anyone in the same boat as myself, I encourage you to download the trial, and not be scared off by some of the online reviews that say it's not for novices. Thanks again all.

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Great community, you'll get all the help you need ;)

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.