New to Eset

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Janus, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi
    I am completely new to Eset Smart Security, and has bought a years license.
    I use my Pc mainly for Gaming and video editing and my system is a Intel i5 with 8gb DDR3 1600MHz memory. I have explored a little bit in the advanced settings and now I am wondering, will the default settings be adequate protection while playing online games. Or is there any reason for me to activate advanced features which is not checked by default.
    By the way, I have shifted from Bitdefender, and I can definitely feel a difference. Eset do not drag the system down, it is at least such that it feels :thumb:

Thanks (English is not my native language, so I hope that someone understand me :) )

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

The default settings by Eset should suffice.Its probably the best settings for the least amount of false positives and hit on system performance.I have used Eset with maximum settings with out adverse effects on my system,but Your mileage may very. P.S your english is fine,understand you perfectly.Cheers

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Install Eset Smart Security, leave it as it is, it will never bother you, never degrade your system performance, yet it will always protect you

no need to play with anything, it works as it's supposed to out of the box

4. Dark Shadow

Absolutely.:thumb:

5. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

Back in the old days when 2.7 was fairly new I used to run it using Blackspears extra settings. But since updating to v4, I skipped 3, I've been running it for years with the default setting and It has served me well.

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi
    djonh, berryracer and gugarci thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions :thumb: I will follow the advice given and run Eset in default mode.
    Best Regards

Janus

7. Dark Shadow

Your very welcome.

8. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Enjoy bro :)

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions

9. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Saw the review of MaximumPC,

(xttp://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/choose_your_defender_10_anti-virus_programs_reviewed_and_compared)

earlier December about ESS v5 with it's comparison to ESS v4 and the other security applications. Along the threads here some do have problems with ESS v5 still. Can anyone who has tried ver4 and ver5 have some ideas as to what maybe the better version? Some say version 4 is better than version 5.

I just would like to have a good grasp of both versions. I think Janus might be interested to have those ideas also.

Thanks guys:)

10. stratoc

stratoc Guest

If I had not upgraded to windows7 I would still be using V3. Every new build offers a couple of snake oil gimmicks that seem to cause more problems than they solve, the interface IMHO gets worse every build, I think V5 looks terrible, and prefer the layout of the previous builds, there's no right click show network connections and I just find getting around V5 harder work, I have no need or desire for parental controls and the hips needs a lot of work. I think Eset should release a gamers version, something like V2 or v3 just a basic av or av and firewall.
    In test I cannot see how V5 would be more secure than v4 or indeed V3 or 2 for that matter, it's the nod 32 bit that does all the catching, Eset has always been my favorite AV just a little less so every time a new build comes out.

11. Dark Shadow

I disagree about the inteface looking bad and its better then most IMO.That said, I Prefer 2.7 version my self and miss it a whole lot.I am old school my self,if its not broke dont fix it and put the dam tools away.:D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Well it is exactly as you say, Some say "YAY" some say "BUU".
    And we have had several threads with opinions shared about V4 and V5 already and the verdict was
    "try it out and see how it is for you" So the best way is to try V5 or both versions out as no software runs the same way on every system.

But since you asked I say.... for me V5 = :thumb:

13. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Hello SweX,

Agree there. Very well said. Actually I have downloaded both versions now and I know the license for ESS will work on both versions(and also with NOD32 --both versions also), yes? Tried Eset a long long time before ver3 something. :) It's good to know you like version 5 better. My brother also likes version 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.