New to Beta and (NOD32)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Tsoilihoi, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsoilihoi

Tsoilihoi Registered Member

Very impressed with the program.

1. While using NOD 32 I became aware of false positives. (NewHeur)
    While submitting files to change the ESET's data base is ok, an exceptions list is to me a better option. So for the real time scan there is a list in IMON. So too,with the on demand scanner where the local scan is set with Advanced Heuristics, off.

So that's the technique that I set out to use with this beta...
    'cept there is not 'ceptions list. So I turned of advanced heuristics in the
    smartscan setup-> threatsense engine parameter setup ->method ->
    unchecked "advanced heuristics". That for the scan. Not a perfect solution.

Another Idea, I had was to run the custom scan and uncheck the known file. In my case, ABCOutlk.exe, a message archiver for Outlook. It might be nice to be able to SAVE a custom scan configuration or at least have the last changes remain the default. Perhaps then one could define a quick spyware/virus check for the my documents and settings, and windows folders and subs.

In this beta, for real-time scanning, advanced heuristics had to be turned off, there is no exceptions list.

2. I disabled the spam module and did not get confirmation. I unchecked the box and later pushed disable. No verification. It seemed non responsive.
    However, I went out of the program windows all together and came back in and spam was disabled. I think that there should be some audible or visual confirmation at the time of clicking.

Otherwise love this program. I don't expect to upgrade from this 2.4 gig dell, nor use Vista in the near future, so I am pleased with the performance of these fine programs.

Nice to join your beta group

Paul

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have installed the latest demo version of ABC Amber Outlook Converter and ESS didn't report a single file as suspicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.