New Technology promises to raise the stakes...

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by javacool, Mar 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Net Technology promises to raise the stakes in software piracy.

(I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I placed it here. It IS an interesting news story.)

Couresty SecurityNewsPortal:

2. javacool

3. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

This should prove interesting. The cracker community will probable spend a god deal of time on this. Anytime someone says "my software is un crackable", the crackers generally take it personally. I wonder who will win (my money is on the crackers)

4. javacool

My money also (unfortunately) - nothing can be 100% crack proof...it may be 99% crack-proof, and it may take the underground community quite a while to crack it, but it will, most likely, get cracked.

5. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

If it can be made, it can be un-made, if it can be encrypted, it can be decrypted, if it can be locked, it can be unlocked. Such is the way of things. (except maybe when you heat sugar to a liquid form)

6. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

In my humble opinion, this is a revolutionary breakthrough.  There is no way this system can be compromised.

Hey, hello Father Christmas!  How nice of you to bring along the Tooth Fairy!  Have you seen this fantastic piece of software?  They say that once it's been installed on the average household pig, we'll all be able to fly to work!

Hurrah!

7. javacool

Lol...

And to Checkout: I do agree this is revolutionary, but as Unicron said "if it can be locked, it can be unlocked" and I totally agree.

"Locks are made to keep honest people honest, and criminals - well, they find some way around them."

8. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

hey, you never know. It may never be solved, but that still doesn't prove a hack does not exist.

Conveniently, it is illogical to assume something doesn't exist, just because you can't find it (see below link)

If it turns out no one ever finds a hack, we'll all wish we bought stocks in these guys. But it goes the way of pretty much every other security measure ever invented, it will be beat sooner or later.

Was it written by the Navajo? I'd worry then.....

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq61-2.htm

9. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Er...I was being sarcastic...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.