New search engine takes aim at Google

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HURST, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I do too, it's too bad it's missing so many features and the search results are all but pathetic so far. It may turn out perfectly fine, but so far my thought is that it was given to the general public too quickly.

2. ex3

ex3 Registered Member

have used it for about a year only draw back 100 search result max.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Google Rocks!!

It will take moving a mountain to displace them, best they may be able to do is chip away at some granite, but that's about it.

EASTER

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

When google came out Yahoo was the mountain...
    But I agree things a different now. Back then Internet was not so massive and it was easy to aim at new "customers".

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I did a search For something that I searched for using scroogle, not only is the websites limited but 45 pages of results are found. The same results were listed on all 45 pages in a different order, nice effort. But it is not ready to be released. :doubt:

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

A Google Killer Stumbles

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Their Twiceler robot hammered a Web site that I maintain, 787 times since the beginning of the year and that site is nowhere to be seen during a search. Go figure.

Has anyone noticed the odd photos versus text? Here's an example searching for Wedding Music. Why is there a photo of what looks to be plastic piping next to a listing? The same photo is repeated in subsequent pages. Not ready for prime time IMO.

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´ve tried it a week ago and looks like it´s crap, it has gotten faster now though. Still, the results suck, and I don´t like the design.

9. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Now that its been out a while I am starting to use Cuil more often, especially to reduce the number of "fixed" sites that trap-by-word usage but otherwise the site has nothing to do with the subject or only has relevance tangentially.

It is good to have a good alternative to the present search engines.

I have found some real gem sites that Google has never coughed up.

I hope Cuil keep on developing their indexing/relevancy philosophy as Google often times delivers nothing but irrelevant sites based on usage.

Any competition will only force Google to improve itself.

I still believe that Google still has, and will still have the number one spot for the foreseeable future (and for good reason as it is for most purposes comprehensive).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.