New Seagate HD

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by controler, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

After resding about this new hardware encrypting drive, I am still wondering what good is it other then for physical access?
    As far as I can see it still does not stop maleware in any way.
    It just become all encrypted maleware and so I guess it is more for corporate or Gov computers that get stolen?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129734-c,harddrives/article.html

controler

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Or misplaced.

Identity theft is huge in the U.S. Any barriers that prevent identity theft are more than welcome.

3. controler

controler Guest

I agree Ron. I guess all I was saying is even if they are encrypted, The maleware can still steal a persons info which would be easier then actualy having access. Anywho, I like all the NAND flash stuff everybody is making use of these days:) Intel's appearence into the NAND flash market will insure it comes with new PC's. I would hope they would use this encryption technology with these new flash drives as well.

controler

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I see your point. It will be interesting to see how things go with these new drives and whether they create any problems of their own.

5. Renegade182

Renegade182 Registered Member

Interesting concept. I'd like to see how it plays out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.