New SATA Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jkraus, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkraus

jkraus Registered Member

I have a new PC with one SATA drive. I installed a second and made an imgae of the first SATA onto the new second SATA. However, when I boot from the Acronis TI boot disk (version 8.0) it does not see the second SATA drive.

Any ideas appreciated

Joe

2. jkraus

jkraus Registered Member

I now realize that it may have to do with the drive being listed as "Dynamic". However, despite Microsofts instuctions using the disk manager in Windows XP (actually usining Win XP Media Center) it does not allow me to change to "Basic"

3. jkraus

jkraus Registered Member

OK sorry, starting my own thread here.

the Win Gui disk manager will not change it to basic, but the more I read ther is a cmd line program called DiskPart.exe. Is this the way to change it to basic?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jkraus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that neither Acronis True Image 8.0 nor Acronis True Image 9.0 supports Windows Dynamic Disks.

We recommend you to use Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows or Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows to backup Windows Dynamic Disks.

If you want to convert your dynamic disks back to basic then I would recommend you to contact Microsoft Support Team for further instructions.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.