new results from AV-Test.org (Q1/2008)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Valentin_Pletzer, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

My comment was not intended to mean that I have knowledge of whats coming in the new version. I was just saying that we will know in due time someday, when the product is put to the test and more details are revealed about this new technology officially by Alwil. :)

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

A particularly relevant point here for users who can identify their own risk profile.

Another consideration (in the "Human Intelligence" factor) is the ability of AV analysts to monitor malware forums and IRC channels. Having staff who can speak the authors' languages would doubtless be an advantage in analysing their latest variants and catching any new attack vectors.

So Rising should have an edge in dealing with Chinese-produced malware (which is likely to increase significantly as more people there gain online access) while Kaspersky should do better with Russian/Eastern European developed trojans.

And let us not forget F-Prot - an undisputed expert in Icelandic malware detection! :D

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

I always hear horror stores about IRC, yet I use it all the time and have done for as long as I can remember, I've never had problems with it regarding malware.

4. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

This is of course very much dependent on which client/settings/scripts you use (not to mention network used). A mirc with a huge number of known scripts, configured to auto-allow almost everything is like a honeypot waiting for a bear :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.