New Report, New Website and Greetings from PCSL

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pcslinfo, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

If you used your own money then it must not be a very profitable business to bein. As for a University then yes I could some what see it. But then another question is raised why don't other Independent testing agency's do the same. Surely they should be entitled to the same funds.

As for being sponsored by a vendor. No you can get funding elsewhere some charge entrance fee's some are sponsored by a AV Vendors. What makes no sense to me is how guarded you are being about it. Most Independent company's want to show there transparency and prove they have nothing to hide, so there can be credit to the test and show that they are not biased in any way. Your actions thus far have been the exact opposite. To me it seems you have a AV sponsor that ether wishes to stay anonymous or you wish to keep it that way. it also seems to lean more towards Kaspersky from what I have found on Google and Facebook so far. Example (you are subscribed only to the FanPage on Facebook of Eugene Kaspersky and Kaspersky Lab's and no other vendors.)

I do also have one other question. What vendor pays your AMTSO Membership fee ?

If I'm wrong please show me. It just seems this way to me and would love to have the right information if I have it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
  2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

pcslinfo, you're really dancing around the question of who's funding these operations.

It's odd.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  3. pcslinfo

pcslinfo Registered Member

As you have seen, two other people do not think it is reasonable.

I have provide the answers to them and they do not believe , I think it is really a pity.

4. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Don't worry... :-*

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Um no. It raised other questions that I asked. You just keep dancing around them without answering them direct. You ask me a question I gave you the answer. I'm sorry but for a company that is Independent you are not transparent and just raises more questions about your company then it should.

6. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

I get the impression that if you were given a complete breakdown of their funding and expediture you still wouldn't believe it!:-don't work for the inland revenue do you?

7. pcslinfo

Really thank you that you spend so many of your time even check my facebook, have you checked also my twitter and skype? I am really puzzled why you are so persistant and curious about me, is my working have something that break your business? If so, I am so sorry.

For the red line, It is a pity that you use your own conclusion that is opposite to the fact. If you do not take back to your words, I will ask the moderator to ask you to edit the irreponsable words. And you can ask Mr. Taylor from SOPHOS to check why you are totally a joke when you say such words, he is the moderator who is charge of the membership of AMTSO.

8. Sputnik

PCSL tests on a scientific basis (correct me if I'm wrong Jeffrey). Everybody who studied at university knows what this means. It can roughly be said that research is done as objective as possible and that the results will be made public (as-is). Only when can be proved PCSL breaks with these scientific 'rules' we're allowed to kick Jefferey's butt.

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I'm not curious about you. I'm curious about your company and its listing testing organization that is independent. As for spending so much time checking you out. Google is easy and takes about .5 sec to do a search. If you want to add stuff be my guest. Other then th

If you don't like what I have to say then please correct what I have put. Nothing I have said has been out of line all you leave us with is questions. If you want to continue to dodge questions about your company feel free to do so.

10. Sputnik

@Fajo
    I don't think Jeffery 'has to' give more details about the funding of PCSL then he already did.

11. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I think that's completely unwarranted.
    You could have come up with an answer like 'university funding', funding by the Chinese government, 'for reasons we do not wish to disclose we can't give you more information', etc.

Instead, you react with a threat.

I 've never heard of your organization before.

Your evasiveness suggest that's something is wrong. Maybe it's just a clash of cultures.

I just get the feeling that there is more at stake than testing of AVs.

12. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I think there is a language problem involved too here. I myself wasn't exactly sure if you intended that. But i guess you did.

Well, i have no idea of how much money you need to make such tests or whether you 're wealthy or not or whether you make this as a living or not, but, there isn't much i can do about it , is it? So, i try to concentrate more on the test and the relative strength. The results of Twister which i have followed for some time, at least show pretty consistent with what i 've seen from my own user experience. Not as absolute numbers, but as relative strength and type of detection (signature vs dynamic).

The problem is, that you can't know someone's affiliations really. It's either you believe them that they are what they say they are or not... Or , as a 3rd option, you keep cautious (what i do always).

For example, i can setup "Fuzzfas" labs and give you the complete breakdown of my incomes. Suppose that one vendor tips me under the table to "boost" his product. How are you going to find this? I certainly won't tell you and it's money that doesn't appear officially anywhere. I can even say that i get 500$ from each vendor as "fair funding" and under the table one vendor may give me 2000$ more to "boost" him. How are you going to know i m taking "extras" from 1 vendor? Torture me to confess?

So it's pretty pointless trying to make someone to admit he is being sponsored if he doesn't want to admit something similar.

Even if he is affiliated to KAV, if he doesn't want to admit it, it's a waste of time hoping to make him "confess"... :D

13. pcslinfo

To Fajo, let me show your words in floor 66 68 and 76, I have catch the screen.
    In floor 66, you said you do not think PCSL is funded by vendors.
    In floor 68, you asked me that who is funding the test, and you include vendor as an option.
    In floor 76, you asked me which vendor pay for the AMTSO fee.

From this I can make a conclusion that you even do not know what you have said before, and you do not practise what you preach. So I have to ask myself should I waste time on you for your impolite and something that is none of your business?

A kind suggestion, if you want to debate with others, please keep your words same as before and after, also keep the same premise and the assumescondition same as before and after.

And how to operate PCSL is my personal affair and originally I need not to explain much to you about that. The only work I have to show is my report, others I am so sorry I have to say it is none of your business.

floor66.PNG
    floor68.PNG
    floor76.PNG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  14. guest

guest Guest

All you 'combat dogs' (?) that treat someone like the admirably (!) calm and polite (my perception!) thread opener (threat opening he seems to be to some, wonder why and what's their agenda and who's product fanboy they are? :rolleyes: ) as if you have the right (WTF?) to get any answer you want: hush, hush ... back to your cannel and stop daydreaming! :rolleyes: *puppy*

Reason for my posting: the tone of big parts of this 'discussion' of some user here I won't name is in my opinion way to aggressive (from one side only if I may say that!) and I would even say 'inhuman' (hence my IRONIC (!) dog metapher, that's the only reason, just to be clear here!) ... and I don't like to see that here at all!

You die-hard-skeptics (bravo! everyone should have a hobby!) made your point, you don't trust him for whatever reasons you want to find. That's pretty clear and I trust that, trust me! ;) - But please don't behave as if you are part of some official inquisition agency!? - At least not if you don't post immediately your personal tax declaration and upload pictures of your underwear just for a start before posting anything else here and even if this is only your tagline of favorite products which I until further notice choose to believe *must* have something to do with illegal sponsoring because I for sure would not place ads ;) for products I don't benefit from!? Ever!?! :rolleyes:

And just to be clear: I don't know that threat ;) starting person at all, what he is up to (probably some sort of world conspiracy, at least in your -> mind! :D ) and I frankly really don't care, but I really hate the hostile attitude of some of you and this whole wsf-paranoia and 'he-has-to-be-an-evil-enemy-let's-bash-him' makes me sick, really! :blink:

Btw.: I am using Avira Premium (self paid!!!) and Prevx again (due to licenses I got free for betatesting from the VENDOR - so be prepared that I am gonna praise this product now in every posting! *justkidding*) and MY opinion here has *nothing* to do with hurt 'fanboy' feelings. Are you sure you can say the same about yourself? - Yeah ... I see, you are attacking a human being coming to your playground without any mercy and sink in your teeth so to speak ;) -> just for the sake of 'truth' and 'to make this wild(ers) world a better place'. - Riiiight. - How could I even miss that you are santa claws! :D

This is my opinion, I had to express that, sorry! - If you find this off-topic and want to delete it I couldn't care less. But to show you that I am NOT here to start flaming or whatever I won't comment in this threat after I have sent this. - I just hope that some of you think in silence about how they talk to others and from what position and if they themselves really would like to be treated this way! -> I REALLY DOUBT THAT! :cool:

Thanks for your attention. And please consider that english is not my main language. If you feel offended this could have something to do with translation problems and nothing else, ok? - Of course another reason could be that you are much better in barking actively than you are in listening to noises of other creatures that got annoyed by your emissions. ;)

PEACE and - honestly! - a happy new year to *ALL* people in this thread! ;)

Prevx Prevx Prevx Prevx Prevx ... :argh: *justjoking* ;)

15. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Actually, with all due respect...the only person I can see being impolite here is you, sir.

Fajo raised some valid points regarding your neutrality and instead of answering them in a calm and composed manner you straight away jumped to an aggressive defence, which is worrying for someone representing a "professional" testing organisation.

I am not implying you have something to hide, merely that the tone and content of your replies do not show you in a very positive manner.

16. pcslinfo

Sputnik, glad to see you and happy new year!

Do you think you have the right to be informed?
    If you think PCSL is strange to live, you can just provide me a sponsorship, enough sponsorship. If you do not want to provide, please just shut up and do your own thing.

To Fuzzfas, I know you are kind to worry about my operation, while please take it easy and just enjoy my reports. If you have something I can help, please feel free to let me know. Money is something but money does not mean everything.

17. pcslinfo

If I ask your salary and money income channels, will you be honest to provide me the details? If you refuse, then make no sense that I need to reply their questions, actually I have answered the question.

18. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Thats what I meant...if you have already said what you wanted to say, there is no point in getting upset when you are asked the same question again. Doing so will only raise the suspicion of the person asking.

19. pcslinfo

Just verify if it is polite to ask where others' funding income and the only I have to report my income is Beijing tax office.

What I have to say they do not even believe what I said, that is the very point I am not happy with.

20. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok let me repeat this sense your not listening to what I'm saying. Your to busy defending your self and not realizing I don't care about "YOUR INCOME" I want to know where the COMPANY is getting funding for these tests. NOT YOU PERSONALLY. As a testing organization and a Independent one at that. Normally a company has no problem saying who sponsor what. But sense you seem to be hell bent on this is a personal attack on you. Then fine we will leave it at such there is more then enough evidence here now people can think what they want and make there own determinations.

But the other thing I have noticed you keep referring to the company as you. So in that aspect I'm guessing this company is just you. Example like Faz had up about he can call it Fazlabs and it be just him.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

err, I am just waiting on the English version to be loaded.:doubt:

22. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I love how when someone is accused of being a "fanboy" they strip their signature bare.

I have to agree with guest, some of the posts here are simply borderline demands from people who think they have the right to play police, as usual.

What I would give to see if their AV was top, to see that 0 questions would be asked. :D As you all know, this isn't the first time PCSL has posted AV results, and NO questions were asked when certain other products were top.

Anyway, please continue your (in my opinion) pointless debates.

23. pcslinfo

Pity to see your post again.

Also have to say that for my company, you also do not have right to know any financial issues expect beijing tax office.

I have told you that PCSL is not funded by vendors but you still stick to that. Remember you have to human right to ask, but I also have the human right do not tell you something that is not totally your affair.

I suggest you enter the test industry and seems that if you was a test labs, you can find branches of funds for yourself.

Please notice your impolite and some behavior beyond your personal right. And also please do not make yourself a joke to everybody here.

Thanks

24. pcslinfo

Will finish soon and I am translating that:)

Will someone ask me whether the translation is funded by vendors?

25. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Is the translation funded by vendors? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.