** New Release **: ZoneAlarm antivirus-firewall combo 10

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by fax, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

@clocks: No one here says that ZA does not use RAM. The point is that RAM says nothing on lightness of a software. Its simply plain wrong. There will be obviously users that do not like RAM usage while others do not care as far as the software runs light on the system. No one is forcing you to use it. If you don't like it or it does not work for you then don't use it. Just don't come here every time with the same music.

You keep hammering on ZA since 2008, enough to look to your post history. Once you don't like KAV, next RAM usage, Next ZAPRO, next ZA Extreme. It has been going since forever. Yes, we understood! ZA is not for you and you do not like it. No need to pestering all these years. And no need to go on the personal, this is a friendly platform of security enthusiasts. :)

@IceCube1010: just monitor vsmon during AV updates and you will see jumping the RAM (also dending on the amount of signature digested). This should be both on desktop and laptop. Then it will go back to normal but really slow. Thats why it can be confusing as sometimes you see it on the high and there is no download of AV updates.

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I don't use it. But its a free country & forum. I can test it if I want and post my comments. So don't tell me what I can and can't do. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. fax

fax Registered Member

Ah, ok. Now I undestand why you keep posting the same. Because its a free country. Indeed :blink:

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I'm as free to post my thoughts are you are yours. You are posting the same stuff yourself, spouting your "300 meg of RAM is a good thing" propaganda. I don't know if your daddy works for ZoneAlarm, or why you have this inherent need to be their resident fan boy defender. The fact that you have time to dig up all my post history tells me you need to get a life.

5. gery

gery Registered Member

guys lets just not turn this talk into a fight
    humble thought

6. fax

fax Registered Member

I don't need to dig on your post history, I was there. Everytime trying to explain you what to expect and what not from ZA. However your hate for the product keeps you coming back asking for the same. Its not about been fan-boy is to avoid this thread to be junked as usual. All of this is not annoying but very sadly near to pathetic :(

OK, added the user to the ignore list so I am not tempted to come back next time I will receive his kind, attentive and constructive criticism! LOL :D

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Never said I hate the product, just wished it was more efficient, but I guess that is too much for you to understand the difference. I wish their was a way for me to put your emoticons on ignore.

8. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Yes, the ram usage is high. But they are doing it a diffrent way that reduces performance impact. So if you have lots of ram this is a good product for you for its lightness. (Yes, a program with low ram usage can be heavy) But if you have limited ram this may not be a good idea to use it.

9. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I like this av solution, I keep coming back to it. Even wound up buying the Pro av a couple of weeks ago. Comes in around 230 megs ram usage, but for me it's really light. No slowdowns, even start ups are quick.

10. flip21

flip21 Registered Member

Re: ** New Release **: ZoneAlarm antivirus + firewall combo 10

ZoneAlarm Firewall now forces it's toolbar on you. It is malware. I did a custom install and unchecked the box that said download toolbar and it downloaded it anyway. My system is slower and I have yet to find a way to uninstall it. Their website Help comveniently denies that it does this and gives no directions to remove it.

11. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

A toolbar has never been malware related. Adware yes. Why don't you just do a system restore or download the installer for ZA.

12. fax

fax Registered Member

Not even adware. Just go to XP "add/remove" programs or WIN7 "uninstall a program", scroll down the list and remove "ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar" and the drama is resolved.

13. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i tried it for the last couple of days.

i uninstalled it after i got BSODed this morning playing around in the application settings.

i have no other security products running.
    the only time i get blue screens is when testing security software.

i did not test the AV but the firewall lacks control and seem to have a mind of its own.

14. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

I had a similar issue. Laptop was locked up. I mounted my stored image.

15. fax

fax Registered Member

In normal circumstances you could report it directly to ZA support. But as ZAfree offers no official support, there is not much to do.

But, there is currently a beta available for XP/VISTA/WIN7/WIN8 (www.zonealarm.com/beta) download the version there and test it. If you have still problems then you can report it to them. The advantage is that the feedback will go directly to ZA development team.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.