New question.

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by rollers, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I just wanted to get clear in my mind, if I install appdefend, do I need another software firewall. I already hava a router with built in firewall so can I uninstall the current software firewall which alerts me to outgoing programs?

Thanks for your anticipated reply.

Rollers

2. isnogood

isnogood Registered Member

Depends of your degree of paranoia concerning outbound protection. If you want complete application controll including IP/port filtering, time scheduling, user account dependent rules or more, you'll have to wait for further developements ;) Also, if passing leaktests is important for you, I would suggest you to keep your actual firewall yet (supposing it's good enough). Appdefend does not deal with all methods of process hijacking, so it would still be possible for a malware to piggyback on an authorized application to go out. Finally, if a simple application filter is sufficient for you, meaning just block/allow rule, go with AppDefend and save your system resources uninstalling your firewall. You will have a nice application protection as a bonus.

isnogood

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi Rollers,

I could not have said it better than isnogood. :)

4. rollers

rollers Registered Member

thanks guys

Rollers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.