new problems

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Bethrezen, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

i finaly worked out what was goin on i needed to deleat the old pac file change the setings so it would run with jap and create a new pac file how ever this is now causin me a new problem

i added kazaa to my custom block list to stop them remoatley installin that stealth net work rubish how ever when im runin jap through the pac file this is not blocked how do i get this to be blocked again do i just add kazaa to the pac file ??

help

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Separately, you could also just add Kazaa to your hosts file - this will block it for sure.

What version of Windows do you have - if you don't mind my asking ?

-Javacool

3. Bethrezen

hi javacool

im usin win 98 se sb 4.75 and jap 00.01.037

kazaa is on my host file and when im not runnin jap kazaa is blocked so i know that its workin ok how ever when i have jap runnin its not blocked

and its not only kazaa its other things to take download.com for instance they use a.r.tv.com to serve there ads now that entry is one thats on the host list when ya first get sb its not one iv added

but thats not blocked eather and thats not all that iv noticed thats not bein blocked now that was befor

double click for example i know for a fact that there rubish on download.com and catchup was bein blocked befor and and now its not

im sure that if i was to keep lookin id find others that are not bein blocked to

whats goin on coz these should be blocked regardless whether im usin jap or not

help

4. Bethrezen

on a side note anyone know another free app like jap just in case i cant get this lil glich sorted out coz if not i will be lookin for a new anonamizing servace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.