New PC Doctor - KINGSOFT Security Releases Kingsoft PC Doctor 2.7

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by KingsoftSecurity, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Yes I want that it should support what CCEnhancer supports
    -http://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/-
    -http://content.thewebatom.net/files/winapp2.ini-

2. KingsoftSecurity

KingsoftSecurity Registered Member

3. KingsoftSecurity

From past feedback we noticed something we did wrong, not good enough in previous version. To ensure its functionality, we'll reorganize the security module, and may add them back carefully and separately. Therefore, in the coming couple of months, we will focus on developing current version without security module.

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Whenever I download a password protected archive, even virus in it, KPD recognizes it as safe. It shouldn't do so because it gives a false sense of security. Although password protected archives do not cause harm but it should actually warn by saying something like this "encrypted, take care using it". Kaspersky does exactly same thing.

5. boombastik

boombastik Registered Member

Even if u dont update the security module, it will qontinue to protect us from new malware? For example u add new malware samples in cloud and in local lib?

6. KingsoftSecurity

Yes, cloud engine will connect to our cloud, which is updating every minutes.

7. KingsoftSecurity

Em, you're right. Actually we say that file is encrypted, and then will consider it is safe. Looks like better to give an notice similar with what Kaspersky does.

8. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

In fact KPD shows files as encrypted when that is not "name encrypted". Name encrypted password protected archives do not get "encrypted" notion from KPD.

Example: I have encrypted a file into name encrypted and without name encryption. Try to download both and see the difference.
    -http://www.datafilehost.com/download-eefa1b4f.html-
    -http://www.datafilehost.com/download-d6411dd1.html-

P.S: the file is not a virus.

I may be wrong ;)

9. KingsoftSecurity

Em, from one review I noticed that, my English is very poor.
    Source: http://download.cnet.com/Kingsoft-P...html?messageID=10840967&tag=uo;uo#commentList

I meant our cloud is updating virus database every minutes, not our engine updating every minutes. How come an engine updating every minuteso_O?

I dont know which guy misunderstood this and leave such a review, maybe I didn't make it clear. I'm sorry for my poor English, but that TOPIC you used makes me quite angry.

10. KingsoftSecurity

The download protection does notify this is encrypted, but if this is encrypted by user itself, it's not notified by scanner.

Attached Files:

11. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Hi,
    You are right, it gives warning now on encrypted files..!!

2.png

But still do not support name encrypted archives

1.png

I know that it will not alert on files encrypted by user himself. So, I tested this on another computer.

12. KingsoftSecurity

yes, the same result as you said. noted for further improvement.

13. ichito

ichito Registered Member

It seems to me that latest full KPCD lost ... or hid ... some of the features and options of security. I think now on the registry protection, the alerts after downloading files and heuristic options ... or maybe I'm totally wrong? o_O

14. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

15. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

I just hope the kingsoft pc doctor with antimalware get updated as well, because its a shame to just improve the lite version and the other. Most votes over at kingsoft pc doctor forum and the majority are for the antimalware and security part of kingsoft then the optimization part. I rather use the full suite then the lite version.

Common kingsoft go with the majority of voters wishes.

16. KingsoftSecurity

We all understand security is a must need, but the previous one is really not good enough. We'll review the previous one and see how to improve it.

Language pack is complete, and we're make a small tool to help the translation.

17. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@KingsoftSecurity
    lite version 3.5 is still buggy............privacy cleaner, history cleaner does not work............at least use it yourself first before releasing new version, if you can't beta test it...........I don't see the point of releasing such buggy final versions each time....if you use it you'll see that it's not working........

18. KingsoftSecurity

@ams963

I'm quite sorry, but that is not a bug after testing firefox address bar cleaning. The address bar history, which is stored in places.sqlite, is not designed to be included in current privacy cleaner. To improve it, we'll add the address bar history for other browser in later release.

19. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

okay thx for explaining........another major bug is privacy cleaner......after going to settings and selecting all......if I rescan it says remnants found and need cleaning.......but when I clean it says cleaning is completed.....immediately on rescanning it states the same number of remnants need cleaning.......same thing happens over and over again.......
    I'm not currently using lite......but you can test it yourself........

20. KingsoftSecurity

Are the final 1-5 items keep appearing? Some files are occupied by system randomly, which are unable to clean completely. We'll make a little change to avoid the annoying feeling first.

21. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

kept appearing.....I don't use kpd now......and it's not 1 to 5 items .....the number of items history cleaner scanned...........

22. KingsoftSecurity

OK, we'll check it and fix it asap. Thanks.

23. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

24. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I quite like the idea of PC Doctor, so switched to an image on which I had it installed (with GeSWall sandboxing IE9 like Sandboxie does). Updated to latest version with AV-cloud protection and was surprised to see it detected its own URL filter mechanism as malware

Attached Files:

25. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Click on the trust/block button, you will be able to make changes there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.