NEW NOD32 USER QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by worldcitizen, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm Dave and just bought NOD32 today and began posting here today. Everyone here seems so friendly and I want to congratulate you all on making this forum feel like a 'home away from home'.

With Nod32 I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a version 2.0 out now? If it is - is it fully functional and do you advise using it instead of version 1.0 which I have now.

2. I suppose I can't disable the splash screen in version 1.0

3. Will emails be automatically deleted in future versions if a worm or virus is found?

4. Can I get NOD to leave a signature that it has checked an email & it is virus free with a link to the NOD site? I think this is a good way of advertising it too as well as others knowing their emails have been scanned before they receive them. I noticed this feature in some emails from NOD support - am I able to use this feature?

Thanks everyone

Dave

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

You're most welcome.

Stick to v1.0 for the moment - v2.0 is scheduled to be released this month.

Not recommended ;)

Depends on your configuration. Standard configuration: yes.

Personally, I'm not that fond of such a signatures. Then again: if you wish: create a signature in your email client.

regards.

paul

3. worldcitizen

Thanks very much Paul.

Also I had a couple of problems with my mouse freezing and couldn't figure out why some programs froze when I tried to open them. Zoom Player, Your Uninstaller & Tweak Xp Pro all froze when trying to open them. Other programs seemed ok. (so far)

I tried including them in the 'exclude list' and the freezes ceased. All I can gather is that these are graphics or graphics intensive programs. After 1st installing NOD & rebooting this did not occur. It just seemed to start at some point. As soon as I excluded them everything was fine. Is this normal?

Are my settings correct? I'm using default settings.

Dave

4. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

http://www.wilders.org/screenshots.htm
    Look here.
    These settings should do okay.
    Regards
    Ole :)

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Dave,

These apps most probably don't freeze; your assumption is a correct one - all files coming with the programs are being scanned, and that might take a while. Excluding is an option.

As for configuring NOD32, have a look at our screen shots. (Opt for "scan all files" apart from your exclusions).

regards,

paul

6. worldcitizen

Thanks. I tried to copy all the settings. In the extensions list there is a bracket with an asterix beside it - that is removed in your list. What are these files?

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.