New Maymoons's Test: Killdisk Malware VS Behavioral Blocker

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

jep , and this was only 4 malware , i don't wana think what what will happened to a pc in the real willd surround by more than 4 :D

BTW i was remark it is wired products to EMS represent in here , at other thread , and really not understood

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

who cares, Lol

3. demoneye

according to EMSI mamutu doesn't detect/check malware run in SB environment

4. demoneye

SB + DW +MD passes all 4 tests ... nice

5. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

Changed any defense lately? Try something new and please if you dont care, why you even bother to post?

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

Stop with the personally directed comments or this thread will be closed. No additional warnings will be provided.

Blue

7. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Here, at Wilders- yes, it's quite popular. But not the worldwide, definitely. :)

8. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Hello,

I don't agree to this point. If you claim this, then looks like you haven't totally understood how does Prevx work.

It needs an internet connection, the connection to the central database is vital to get it working at best of its capabilities.

Even heuristic is mostly based on database connection, that is one of the best things of a community database and this allow us to be always up to date against new threats and update our heuristic rules in a few seconds.

By cutting off internet connection, you're cutting off big part of Prevx detection ability and you're not showing any real and trustable result.

9. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Not yet anyway ;)

10. guest

guest Guest

Prevx alerted all malware without internet connection.
    Look at my first posts attachment.
    But it can not stopped it.
    It has a raw disc access protection (built in)
    But it cant block.

It delete my samples with net connection
    but its not behaviour dedection.
    prevx database has not my 4st samples
    it cant block it.

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Have you downloaded. First you have to wait 37 seconds, then they give you a slow download, and once down if you go back for another it won't let you download for some unknown amount of time.

Just not worth the bother.

12. Einsturzende

If you have "dynamic IP" (your IP DHCP you after each time you connect to internet), you can download it pretty fast...just disconnect - connect again download, repeat...
    Rapidshare have IP based...hmmm..."timeout"

13. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

What if I don't have a dinamic IP? o_O

14. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I'm downloading the .rar files, but they still come up empty for me. Could DefenseWall be doing something? I still have problems running things sometimes with DW. BTW, I have the IZArc program.

I take it that DW passed all these tests, though.

15. Einsturzende

You can try with fast (anonimus) proxy :p, or wait "for some unknown amount of time" it is known, it is written on the same url...

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Guest, let me clear something up. We all appreciate what you do. Every single person here is very thankful for what you do. You spend a lot a time and effort to bring us some very useful information. So when any of us offer constructive feedback, it is not to make you look bad but to help you with your presentations for the future. Again, we all respect your work and thank you. Also we understand the lack of English and you know what, you do pretty good my friend. So keep it coming, but please, be open-minded to any feedback we may give you.

Always remember, we all respect fellow members here, and they should show the same for us. Take care my friend.

17. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

With dialup it's a no go. It's tedious even with DSL. Also Rapidshare repeatedly tries to sell me a better connection, & makes me click multiple times for download. (Sigh)

I appreciate the hard work that went into these tests but ---I will wait until some sort of summary report is provided.

P.S. - Since these tests cover Behavior Blockers (HIPS), they might better be posted in the "Other Anti-Malware Software" forum.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  18. Peter2150

Well, I don't, and haven't had the need. Not going to set it up just for this. I think the tester is doing something valuable, but he wants people to look at it, he's going to have to do it differently

19. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

I took a look at the Online Armor version of the video (took about 10 mins to download at home last night).

What I liked about it most was the way that the tests were done in the VM; You saw OA getting installed, running in learning mode - and a first set of tests performed. The VM was then reset, learning mode was allowed to complete - and the tests were performed again.

This is a remarkably open way of performing tests - if you had a web site that had the summary and the videos on it, I think it would become very popular with the members here.

There are not really very many good test sites out there - matousec's tests can be reproduced by anyone with the time and inclanation - but your tests are great because they allow anybody to verify them by simply watching a video.

The second thing about it - as happened with the Comodo chap who posts here - Vendors, users and representatives can see exactly what happened and provide comments. Did the app get installed correctly, did you react fairly and consistently to prompts? Well, it's easy to see - yes, at least on the video I watched.

This is also a very very good way for users to see security software in action, without the need to test it themselves.

Two thumbs up from me. I hope you take my comments on board and make a website out of this. It would rock.

Mike

20. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am on dialup, so I concur with the above comments.;)

21. Peter2150

I agree totally with what Mike said. They just need to be more readily accessible.

Pete

22. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No further "tests" like this will be allowed on this forum, if the results are only available via a paid rapidshare account - or, endless amounts of time waiting and downloading. We provide unlimited upload capacity here for screen shots and any images needed to document a point. All that appears to be in most of the RAR files, are uploaded images. So, they could be posted here, if needed.

We are NOT in the business of selling rapidshare accounts here.

If that is the only way to publish your results then they will not be posted here on Wilders Security Forums.

23. Einsturzende

maybe someone who knows can suggest alternative to youtube?
    some service which is reachable from any part of the world..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  24. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Just got around to the Online Armor video,That was Awsome.:thumb:

25. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

:'( I hope this wont stop the poster from doing his work for us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.