New Malware

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by twiztedmatt1007, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twiztedmatt1007

twiztedmatt1007 Registered Member

I have found some Malware on my system and wanted to know where I can upload it to you could to try to protect others form it. I just don't know where go upload it to you guys or where to email it to.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi twiztedmatt1007,

Please follow the instructions over here for posting your hijackthis log in the appropriate forum: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

The Experts will review your HijackThis log and if there are malware files showing that they want a closer look at and analyse, then they will request them in your thread.

Regards,

snap

3. twiztedmatt1007

I am not running highjack this and I don't plan on downloading it anytime soon. I allready have the files isolated in a zip file and just need to know where to upload them so someone can look them over, Ad-aware has allready added them to there protection and I just need to know where I can upload them here.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi twiztedmatt1007,

We do not allow the uploading of malware files to the forum. I will PM one of the Administrators and direct them to your thread here.

Regards,

snap

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Please zip/RAR the files and attach them to an email addressed to me. You'll find my email address in my profile (left bottom corner).

Thanks in advance,

paul

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And know Paul will take care they will be forwarded among others to the submit@diamondcs.com.au email in my signature which is from the DiamondCS lab guys who will like to deal with it. We can't advertise that email address enough, just submit and you know it's in safe hands.

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Indeed Jooske - malware will be looked at and submitted to all software companies who could benefit from those - and as a result the users from all softwares ;).

regards.

paul

8. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

9. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    ;) .

10. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

:D ;) ? OHHH :D

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So don't hesitate to send them in, anyway; we keep writing this all time, only the very known normal stuff detected everywhere you can delete just like that, but everything which could be new, suspicious, new variant, anyhow a doubt about it, please do submit before deleting it from your system and the internet community as a whole will be very grateful!

12. twiztedmatt1007

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks in name of the internet community as a whole!
    Fortunately that is Gavin's email account as he knows how to deal with the stuff second to none! Hurray for the Gavinator!
    Good Paul has an "all developers" forwarding email service too. It is very important all nasties get in developers hands so defense is spread over the world and hopefully stays few steps ahead of the malware development.
    It should be standard in instructions everywhere and we keep saying it in every support thread, to please submit the nasties, even if you think it's nice to have your system clean at the moment, we want to be sure it's not a new variant and you won 't get into new trouble with unexpected remnants etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.