New Malware Block Problems

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by elapsed, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

What's going on? Usually when I'm trying to download a trojan that ESET detects, it errors not letting me download it. But today I'm noticing ESET detect variants and NOT blocking the download. Then after scanning the file, it's not detected?

Should I be submitting these or is ESET somehow corrupting them?

wtf.jpg

Circle 1 = Normal
    Circle 2 = Not Normal

EDIT= Forgot to attach this:
    threat.jpg

The ones in the circle are BOTH 1.exe but in this case it was detected, allowed to download, then removed after download. The others weren't. This is completely abnormal behavior. Usually it can't even get as far as the download manager. Did something change?

Everything blacked out is URL's to prove it detects the URL and not the file.

These are brand new threats, so good job on the heuristic detection. But I need to figure this out. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. Novicex

Novicex Registered Member

I think while this files in quarantine ESET blocking them and not asking again, but probably something wrong with ESET. Delete files from quarantine(downloads too), scan whole PC and if he will still not detect the threats try reinstall ESET. Then, we will seeo_O

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps the files are corrupt. I wonder if the undetected files even run.

4. elapsed

I disabled protection and downloaded them all, then scanned them and they were detected. The funny thing is a few other (top) AV's which shall remain nameless were adding detections for these "corrupt" samples.

I included the detected ones in a daily malware zip pack anyway, but you know what weekends are like so waiting for monday.

5. elapsed

The problem of why I could download them in the first place is still unresolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.