New license vs. renewal license

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by simpleton, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simpleton

simpleton Registered Member

I installed Nod32 on my parents' computer and it expired October of last year as they have been away and were not able to renew it.

My parents are now giving this computer to a friend of theirs who doesn't have much money.

My question is, can I renew the current license that has expired and put it in the name of my parents' friends or do I have to uninstall Nod32 and purchase a new license and re-download Nod32 in order to be able to put it into their name?

Thanks in advance.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

You didn't say where in the world you are - so using US dollars, here is how it might work out....

You might be able to renew that license - but the renewal will run from October if you have the AV-000000 number to get the renewal on .... so for the renewal fee, you would get 7 or 8 months roughly - that makes it about $2.95 month if the renewal gets you 8 months at $23.40 renewal) - or $3.34 a month if it's 7 months.

A full license is 12 months at $39 = $3.25 a month... it's touch and go whether it will be cheaper one way or the other.

Does this friend have educational status at all?

I hope something in this message helps you... I'd certainly TRY and renew it...

regards

Greg

3. simpleton

Thanks very much for the reply. I am in Canada and the price I am being quoted for a renewal is $27.30 USD while a new license costs $39.00 USD so going by your logic, it would make sense to purchase a new license I think.

So it looks like I will have to uninstall and re-install Nod32 as I don't think I can purchase a new license and add the info into the current version or can I? I would love to be able to just buy the new license and plug the info into the version already installed as my parents are on a dial-up connection and I don't want to download Nod32 again if I can avoid it. Any thoughts?

Also, if it comes down to my having to uninstall Nod32, is there anything I need to shut down within the program before I do the uninstall or can I just do it? Running W98SE here.

Thanks again!

4. simpleton

Sorry, I missed your question re: educational status. No educational status, just someone on a medical disability with limited funds.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The license in question is beyond 30 days expiry, and as such can not be renewed. Your friend will need to pay for a new license.

And you will be able to just place in the new Username and Password without uninstalling, this is not required.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

6. simpleton

Thank you Blackspear, that helps tremendously.

Much appreciated!

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure Simpleton, all the best...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.