New laptop

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ReverseGear, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Horror stories about any brand can happen, there's always a chance when buying something you might get a product that is particularly faulty, and after service in a particular area having an arrogant stand.

If one googles ' laptop reliability rankings', the majority of statistical data will place Asus as No 1 or 2. Obviously if I had a terrible experience with an Asus machine I would never buy another one from the same brand.

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

the main is how you handle your laptop if you look for stability and duaribility go for business series HP lenovo ....... etc all brands are pretty same some of their models awesome some crap also make sure you buy from genuine person in india (company brand dealer) and look for latest models

all brands are good and pretty same so look for models rather than brand

just few things make sure some models are always greater than others so 1st choose 3-4 models and among them

http://www.notebookreview.com/

pretty good site

cnet ...etc

for price idea you can check sites like ebay or http://www.flipkart.com etc

see rating of these you get idea pros and cros of your model rather than brand all brands make some laptops very good and some .................. so look for model of choice

also if you run your laptop not very hot place and handle not roughly it will last easly 5 years i have

as far samsung they make good laptop look rocksolid i tried for few mins but never used so cant say much they come with dos

i use linux so ok with me they put more money on hardware good inside hardware look for details

i suggest you go for demo try for few mins of your fav brand and if you see and go to it buy sealpack and make sure the dealer cut seal in front of you

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

In the case of Dell "business" series, it is usually nearly impossible for the user to change the hard disk in case of failure. I think it is the same in others business laptops. This may be an important point to consider.

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

My friend had just bought an asus lappy 1-2 months ago
    In india asus is still not widely recognized - whenever any1 hears asus they are like what ??
    When we were searching for a lappy [ he wanted for gaming and web surfing ] the only two companies that any1 suggested were asus and dell
    and from the shop we bought his laptop the owner specifically said that if u wanna buy dell lappy then buy the business series the vostro series , xps is not upto the mark , and we got asus at a much cheaper rate than xps 15 but with higher config and its working great till now

@mack - i was comparing prices from naaptol site , i will try flipkart too
    Asus is still developing business as of now in india as far as i can see , the only asus lappy i have seen till now is which my frnd brought have not seen any other till now

Everyone has there choices as seen above but most of u have agreed that asus has the best built quality and asus is actually cheaper than its counterparts so i will go for asus
    Now its upto my friend when she buys it - most probably next month

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

This is quite simply not true. You can't base the reliablitiy of a brand based on owning a single laptop. You can be unlucky and have problems with a top quality brand like ASUS, and on the other hand you could buy a "cheap" brand like Acer and be lucky and have no problems for years. However the fact reamains that in general the quality of ASUS notebooks is about the best you can get.

The fact that my sister's ASUS still works as good as new (except for the faulty wireless card) 9 years after being purchased, is an excellent example of the reliabality of ASUS.

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.