New Laptop Crashes on ZA install

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Firebytes, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I just got my new laptop which has XP SP2 and a SATA harddrive. When I attempt to install ZA free (version 4.5.594) the computer crashes. I assume that the old version of ZA isn't compatible with SATA since it works on my desktop which has XP SP2 but not a SATA drive.

Anyone know if SATA is definitely the problem and if so what is the best version of ZA that would be compatible with it? Also, would Sygate 5.5.2710 work with it? I am trying to avoid going to the latest ZA version due to a lot of problems I have read about.

I have tried Comodo before but didn't like it at all.

2. NNard

NNard Registered Member

Did you completely remove the previous security software (if any) that came pre-installed on your new laptop?

3. Firebytes

There was no preinstalled security software. I did disable the Windows Firewall first before attempting the install of ZA however.

4. NNard

NNard Registered Member

6.1.744.001 is a great version.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i'd suggest you try a more recent version, while they do have a little more bloat a new laptop should easily be able to handle it. However i'll try ZA 4.5 out on my laptop which has sata and see how it goes.

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Well i had no luck getting 4.5 to run. 5.5 and above appear to work fine so i'd suggest you try one of those versions.

7. Firebytes

I installed ZA 6.1.744.001 and it is working fine so far. Thanks for the help farmerlee & NNard.

8. NNard

NNard Registered Member

You are welcome Firebytes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.