New JonDo Browser (October 2017)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Lyx, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Lyx

Lyx Registered Member

JonDo project was not dead:

Portable version:
    https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/jondofox.htm

Integration of Tor and Jondo is a very interesting feature IMO.

2. guest

guest Guest

3. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

Why would anyone ever pick Jondo over Tor Browser if the goal is to use... Tor?

I don't really feel confident in the project when the link dies. They rarely if ever updated their browser in the past, so who's to say it's well supported now? To top it all off there's a typo in the first line of the announcement :cautious:

4. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

I think this is more a recognition of the amount of work required to lock down FF to the required standards, and the popularity of TTB. Seems to me that adding Jondo to that is better than trying to roll-their-own. Plus you get the anonymity benefits of being one-of-TBB.

So, for anyone who wants to pick and choose, they can, and it's no-cost to the developers. If they focus mainly on their core protocols, I think that's best.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

JonDo is cool, and can complement both VPNs and Tor. It's a little on the small side, however. Smaller than I2P, even. And the mix thing is more about deniability than "anonymity", I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.