New ID/Password not working

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cdarren, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdarren

cdarren Registered Member

I purchased a 2 year renewal for NOD32 yesterday. I typed in the new username and password and NOD accepted it and all ways good (the tray icon went back to green). Fast forward 24 hours and I come home and NOD says it can not update virus signatures because the username/pword is being rejected. I tried inputting it several times, no joy.

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 - up to date will all patches. I am using NOD32 v 4.2.71.2. I was told my renewal licenses would work for NODv4. I do not run v5 because it interferes with the QNAP admin pages of my NAS boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    cdarren

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  3. cdarren

Thank you for the reply. I tried solution 1 and it did not work. I then tried solution 2 and it did not work. The third solution is to uninstall and reinstall and it is too late at night to do that, so I guess that is what I will try next unless you or some other generous soul has a better idea. With my luck the problem will remain after the reinstall.

One thing to note, the procedure you linked me too was for ""error downloading update file" message. I don't actually see that message, maybe it goes by too quick, what I get is a "Virus signature database update failed" error, with a explanation below it in a light red background color "Virus signature database could not be updated" and then a line beneath that one that says "Invalid Username and/or Password."

I am using CTRL C and CTRL V directly from the email that ESET sent me so I do not believe I am making a stupid error in entering my username/password.

Regards
    cdarren

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

If your attempt to uninstall/reinstall still fails to resolve the issue for you, please submit a support case online with ESET Customer Care or give them a call at 619-630-2300 (M-F, 6am-6pm PT).

5. cdarren

It is fixed. I did nothing. Today when I got home I tried it one more time and it updated. My NODs servers were a bit behind at it took a bit over 2 days to get my pword into their systems. Thanks for the help.

Regards
    cdarren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.