New Here - Computer Idiot - Have Trojan - Cant get rid of - HELP, pleeze

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by kathyL, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathyL

kathyL Registered Member

Thank you. there got to be so much posted and i still had so many questions about previous posts, that this one got lost, lol!

will this be obvious in how it operates or am i only going to have more questions after i've downloaded it?

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi KathyL,

It is very easy to install. There is a button to Analyze. You can run that one first to see what will be deleted. If all looks good (it should), then you can click on Run Cleaner. This will delete all .tmp files. Run KAV again first, to make sure all of the malware is gone, since malware can lock files a prevent them from being deleted.

Rich

3. kathyL

kathyL Registered Member

run KAV before i install and run CCleaner?

and i just scanned previous posts - i missed your post about not scanning... guess i've still got some work to do. its just frustrating that i'm given instructions and, if for some reason, i dont quite understand them, i cant do anything until i hear back from someone and now that its the work week, thats all day. pout! :'(

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi KathyL,

Yes, it is tough getting rid of malware once it has infected a machine. I would run KAV one more time before cleaning. It's good to know that all of the malware is gone before cleaning up after it. Let us know how it goes.

Rich

5. painterman

painterman Guest

I had it its the CWS virus and using Spyware Doctor will get rid of it. Just use the free version of it.

6. kathyL

kathyL Registered Member

painterman - wow, you make it sound simple! thanks to these guys here and Blue, i think i'm virus-clean at the moment! i know i need to do a maintenance on it, but i'm sooo bad about doing that!!! but the KAV has taken care of it. i appreciate all the help given to me here!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.